2 hours ago, Michael_Jacobs said:

I'm so depressed about september that I can't talk about it.

Terrible!

I really hope that october will help me believe it was just a bad dream!

Michael, a $100 sale toward the end of the month saved me from total despair.

15 hours ago, Michael_Jacobs said:

I'm so depressed about september that I can't talk about it.

Terrible!

I really hope that october will help me believe it was just a bad dream!

I agree with you, it's totally depressing. My concerns of lack of sales have been met with some folk here (who are doing well) in denial that it could be anything other than Alamy's fault that my sales are non existent, and low ones when they do come. I came here because I believed the hype but so far very underwhelmed.

This "busy" period starting September is abysmal. I will be very happy to report if and when sales do come, be sure of that.  Wishing you sales Michael as your images are excellent and they deserve to do well.

2 minutes ago, Marb said:

I agree with you, it's totally depressing. My concerns of lack of sales have been met with some folk here (who are doing well) in denial that it could be anything other than Alamy's fault that my sales are non existent, and low ones when they do come. I came here because I believed the hype but so far very underwhelmed.

You are a troll, aren't you?

Just now, gvallee said:

You are a troll, aren't you?

Well there you go, a fine example of the kind of reception to my questioning of sales. Of course I am a "troll" (whatever one is) I have uploaded work here, spent hours editing, keywording with a sole objective to not do well and post my woes. Unbelieveable!! 

1 minute ago, Marb said:

Well there you go, a fine example of the kind of reception to my questioning of sales. Of course I am a "troll" (whatever one is) I have uploaded work here, spent hours editing, keywording with a sole objective to not do well and post my woes. Unbelieveable!! 

Yes, you are unbelievable. People have tried time after time to help you to no avail. Week after week after week, like a broken record, we hear that you know better but have no sales. 

Oh well, back to more uplifting things. Over and out for me. Enough wasted time.

1 minute ago, gvallee said:

Yes, you are unbelievable. People have tried time after time to help you to no avail. Week after week after week, like a broken record, we hear that you know better but have no sales. 

Oh well, back to more uplifting things. Over and out for me. Enough wasted time.

This is totally unfair because I am being singled out here. Why no criticism of others reporting poor sales ? This is supposed to be a "community"  

9 minutes ago, Marb said:

This is totally unfair because I am being singled out here. Why no criticism of others reporting poor sales ? This is supposed to be a "community"  

Because you blame Alamy for lack of sales maybe?

John.

1 minute ago, Marb said:

The search algorithms yes. 

If I have a quiet time with few sales, I upload many more varied images to help me get more sales, and if i'm having a good period of selling some images - I upload many more varied images to help me get more sales.

John.

2 minutes ago, Stokie said:

If I have a quiet time with few sales, I upload many more varied images to help me get more sales, and if i'm having a good period of selling some images - I upload many more varied images to help me get more sales.

John.

+1

Craig.

8 minutes ago, Stokie said:

John.

Good for you. I wish I had your motivation.

2 minutes ago, Marb said:

Good for you. I wish I had your motivation.

That could be your problem, and not Alamy's fault........

I also work full time running my own business so if you want to succeed with Alamy you have to put in the hard work.

Anyway, that's my last word on the subject as this thread is about 'How was your September'

John.

6 minutes ago, kay said:

I'm confused as to why you think this.  I've had a quick look at some of your images - randomly choosing the spring plant sale one (J234PQ) and searched for 'spring plant sale'.  Your image appeared the very first out of 4,050 images.  When I searched for 'Arley Hall Estate' it appeared at no 17 out of 66.  I can't understand why you feel the search algorithm is working against your sales?

I would look at Alamy Measures (All of alamy) for the past year - put in some of the tags you have on your images to check that what you have for sale is in demand.  

Like others have said - keep uploading and don't duplicate - varied editorial images are what seem to sell

Thanks Kay, I appreciate your suggestions.

1 hour ago, Marb said:

You're singling yourself out by failing to see that many of your images are of a sort which don't sell well here and by continuing to upload them, in the last week or two, in the teeth of advice to the contrary.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

You're singling yourself out by failing to see that many of your images are of a sort which don't sell well here and by continuing to upload them, in the last week or two, in the teeth of advice to the contrary.

In your opinion perhaps. 

15 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

You seem to be concluding that it's also the opinion of the buyers.

It seems whatever I submit/post will be criticised here no matter what, despite uploading editorial for some time so hey ho.

17 sales for a poor $417. I had achieved over $500 for each of the previous 3 months. 

On the bright side, my zooms continue to improve and recently hit a best ever of 86 for the rolling month. A year ago they were half that. So hopefully sales will pick up soon to reflect the improving zooms. 

42 minutes ago, gerardferry said:

17 sales for a poor $417 from under 9000  is hardly poor 9 sales for  250  sounds average and any statistician will tell you that the mean is actually  a good performance

It is poor compared to my previous months.  I don't know what the average sale price is these days, but a $24 gross average is lower than I would normally expect .

Archived