Hi all,

with yesterday' PU sale i've come to the 4 sales in a row with the image being searched from other sources than Alamy.

May be the customer did a Google search or may be he/she found my image link in a large image bank around the Net.

The fact is : none of my images display on Zooms or Sales, therefore i can't really know which keywords generated the sale.

So CTR is affected in a bad way, because i had sales from various topics but for these keywords associated to these searches my ranking remains the old  one. 

Edited by KODAKovic

How do you know these were searched from elsewhere?

Jill

4 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

Hi all,

with yesterday' PU sale i've come to the 4 sales in a row with the image being searched from other sources than Alamy.

May be the customer did a Google search or may be he/she found my image link in a large image bank around the Net.

The fact is : none of my images display on Zooms or Sales, therefore i can't really know which keywords generated the sale.

So CTR is affected in a bad way, because i had sales from various topics but for these keywords associated to these searches my ranking remains the old  one. 

Alamy only record zooms and views from selected customers. If your customer wasn't one of those (very likely with PU sales), then their search activity wouldn't have been recorded. Sales without a corresponding zoom or view in Alamy Measures is very common. Probably 75% of my sales don't appear to have been zoomed according to my data in Alamy Measures. 

Don't worry too much about CTR. It's believed that actual sales have a much larger effect on ranking (certainly that fits with my experience). My CTR is only average, but sales have pulled my ranking up.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Don't worry too much about CTR. It's believed that actual sales have a much larger effect on ranking (certainly that fits with my experience). My CTR is only average, but sales have pulled my ranking up.

Mark

+1

3 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

How do you know these were searched from elsewhere?

Jill

Jill i didn't find any "Sales" on "Your Images" queries

9 minutes ago, KODAKovic said:

Jill i didn't find any "Sales" on "Your Images" queries

So these are unreported sales? Sales you have found yourself? I've never had a sale not reported in "My Images"

Jill

11 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

So these are unreported sales? Sales you have found yourself? I've never had a sale not reported in "My Images"

Jill

It may depend where he means. I always see my sales count in the summary, but a detailed line entry (i.e. showing the search term resulting in the sale) is usually missing, because it was a sale for which the search wasn't recorded. Occasionally I see a sale against a search term, but it's rare.

Mark

13 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

It may depend where he means. I always see my sales count in the summary, but a detailed line entry (i.e. showing the search term resulting in the sale) is usually missing, because it was a sale for which the search wasn't recorded. Occasionally I see a sale against a search term, but it's rare.

Mark

Mark that's my case, i don't know which sales for which keywords