Have You Taken the New Alamy Survey?

I just completed the Alamy survey.  This is a first for me and I am very pleased to see this has been implemented.  This is perhaps something the soon to be new CEO requested?  

I gave a few suggestions and honest feedback.  I hope others do the same.  Alamy should get a very good idea as to what the contributors think, want, & hate, which is very forward looking in this ever changing landscape.

I had only positive things to say & suggest for change.  It will be very interesting to see if Alamy released a Blog post on what they learned.

Thanks for taking the time to fill in the survey so quickly.

Once the survey has closed we will be looking at everyone's feedback but just to point out, this is a survey to get feedback on the service our Contributor Relations team give rather than what you think/love/hate about Alamy as a whole. 

Thanks

Alamy

The survey was sent to everyone who has emailed CR in the last 6 months. If you've previously unsubscribed to our emails or have emailed us from an email address that isn't your registered Alamy address then you won't have had this. We can only email those that are registered on our database.

Thanks
Alamy

My last email discussion with CR was August 23rd 2017 but I don't see the survey in my inbox or junk folder.

For some odd reason, every now and then when Alamy sends out email other than the usual payment info, I seem to miss it.

I think the last Alamy email I missed was the contract update but fortunately a friend sent me a link. No I'm not aware of ever opting out of Alamy email.

My experience with CR was very positive.  I still gave a few suggestions over all.  Maybe the fact that a few of us did will guide them to a more expanded survey.  If handled right, they can be very useful to a management team that is willing to listen and make positive changes.  Thanks Alamy.

14 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I haven't had the email, and I regularly contact CR, and I am subscribed to receive emails.

Geoff.

Oh dear, Geoff. are you still on their Christmas card list? Have you upset someones great-aunty by what you said about their sister-in-law's garden? :)

I received the email and answered the questions about my experience with CR, though in truth I couldn't remember anything about it. I didn't pick up on the specific CR targetting on the survey, because of the general terms in which the survey email was couched and the way wording of the last open ended question about additional comments seemed to invite general comments. So general comments on my thoughts on Alamy was what they got. Hope they listen anyway.

1 hour ago, hdh said:

I have had the mail and done the questionnaire right away, only took a few seconds. 

Likewise, very quick survey to complete. Good to see some feedback being requested. All positive, as far as I'm concerned. 

48 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I didn't pick up on the specific CR targetting on the survey, because of the general terms in which the survey email was couched and the way wording of the last open ended question about additional comments seemed to invite general comments. So general comments on my thoughts on Alamy was what they got. Hope they listen anyway.

I also missed the exact point and left these comments... 
There are many suggestions and complaints on the Alamy forum regarding the new AIM, but Alamy seem loath to address them or keep contributors 'in the loop', which is clearly putting some people off uploading.
The Social media content also seems to be aimed at getting unskilled photographers to become contributors, whereas I would much rather see Social Media 
being aimed at attracting new customers!
I would also like to see news pics added to the search database immediately, and a clear path to them from the front page for possible buyers.

Sent back with only good things to say about current CR.

I did point out that a while back (2 years ago?), responses were so dreadful that I had stopped writing altogether.

All good with the current team.

Gen

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alamy said:

Thanks to everyone who filled in the survey. We've put together a short blog to summarise the early results:

http://www.alamy.com/blog/some-early-results-of-our-contributor-survey

Cheers

Alamy

I realise the new AIM may not be Contributor services' direct responsibility, but I imagine a number of questionnaire respondents will have included comments about it in their responses. But it isn't mentioned in the blog? An update or feedback on the comments raised about the new AIM would be good.

Mark

8 hours ago, Alamy said:

Thanks to everyone who filled in the survey. We've put together a short blog to summarise the early results:

http://www.alamy.com/blog/some-early-results-of-our-contributor-survey

Cheers

Alamy

On behalf of the apostrophe police, may I just point out that survey’s doesn't need one! :rolleyes:

Archived