2 hours ago, Rubens Alarcon said:

Three from me:

A not so lucky critter:

An adopted critter:

A critter taking a selfie:

one needs to be careful nowadays with critters taking selfies ;)

First time I've done this for a while.

A Eurasian Brown Bear with a Black-Headed Gull in close attendance in a forest on the Finnish/Russian border

wild-eurasian-brown-bear-ursus-arctos-ar

Two Northern Gannets disputing who has first dibs on the fish, the North Sea, off Bempton/Flambrough, UK

two-northern-gannets-morus-bassanus-figh

Juvenile Mountain Gorilla munching on some vegetation in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, Uganda

a-wild-but-habituated-juvenile-mountain-

My selection...

Bad hair day for a semi-feral Exmoor pony on Traprain Law in East Lothian, Scotland (a conservation grazing project)

exmoor-ponies-traprain-law-east-lothian-

An urban fox looking at me through a hedge in my mother's garden in London

close-up-of-an-urban-fox-in-a-london-gar

and a Dassie (Rock Hyrax) on Table Mountain overlooking Cape Town, South Africa

close-up-of-a-dassie-or-rock-hyrax-resti

ColdCoffee, you might appreciate this. After Superstorm Sandy we were without electricity for a number of days. I face a common garden with trees and all of us were putting things on the windowsill to keep them cold (something I actually learned to do when I lived in London.) The squirrels discovered us and one day I saw a squirrel in a tree with a piece of pizza. Thanks for looking after the cuties.

Paulette

Pizza ... I bet they loved that :)  ...   They also love bell pepper plants :(  .. had a pepper that was almost ready .... oh well ... They provide a lot of entertainment.

We have a nesting box where the mother (in the winter photo) have babies every spring and fall. They are so cute when they first venture off around the box.

They also love mice pies. Our back garden borders on a small nature reserve, with resident squirrel gang (kept in check by resident fox gang) They're up in the trees in summer, but tend to hang out more in the human-frequented back gardens in winter. Especially when our well-meaning neighbour feeds them his Christmas leftovers. Last December, I spotted two of them (already pretty full-figured, and not because of the winter fur) negotiating the top of a fence with a mince pie each in their mouths. Not sure if they were back for a helping of turkey and sprouts the next day.

Some critters, USA and Nicaragua, one invasive.

millipede-species-orthomorpha-or-asiomor

Invasive Asian millipede species, Nicaragua.

this-is-a-red-tailed-hawk-being-offered-

Red-tail hawk on kill being offered a piece of meat in trade for the rabbit she's sitting on.  Species occurs from North America at least into Central America.

t.owl-butterfly-H3ABKA.jpg

Owl Butterfly, Jinotega, Nicaragua. Native species.

Archived