Show the latest image that you sold on Alamy in September. (1 per day)

It can take a long time and a lot of patience before the shrimpgoby will allow it's commensal nearly blind shrimp to come out of the communal burrow. The shrimps spends most of it's life keeping the burrow clean and free of sand and other debris. They communicate by the shrimp keeping a long antennae touching the fish's body and if perceived danger lurks, both shrimp and fish are gone in an instant. Image was viewed a few days ago and sale dropped in 1st September

flagtail-shrimpgoby-amblyeleotris-yanoi-

14 minutes ago, NYCat said:

So fascinating. I love to look at your images. They are beautiful but the creatures are also very intriguing and often quite strange.

Paulette

How lovely of you Paulette, thank you for the nice comment. Having been a regular diver for 38 years, I still feel a deep sense of privilege every time I'm underwater. Being able to capture images of the marine life that I see is really an added bonus.

Cheers.  Carol

5 hours ago, wiskerke said:

http://c7.alamy.com/comp/EEH4H3/united-terminal-pedestrian-tunnel-at-chicago-ohare-international-airport-EEH4H3.jpg

Not a big sale. Do we have a newspaper scheme in Australia?

wim

Not sure but I had an IQ sale newspaper this month:

iQ sale: Newspaper Editorial print and digital use. Any size.Any Placement. One time use only.

IQ meaning a returning customer, it might be the equivalent of a newspaper scheme in my case.

Gen

Now I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of random cliffs. I could have had a basketful of these in Suffolk! Ah well, I did have a sale in 4 days from there so mustn't grumble. Or compete directly with Ian too often even though he's very polite about it.

8 hours ago, cbimages said:

How lovely of you Paulette, thank you for the nice comment. Having been a regular diver for 38 years, I still feel a deep sense of privilege every time I'm underwater. Being able to capture images of the marine life that I see is really an added bonus.

Cheers.  Carol

Great image. Had to give up diving a good number of years ago now, owing to a recurrence of asthma (really wouldn't want that happening at 30 metres!). Used to truly love it. #jealous :(

9 hours ago, cbimages said:

Cheers.  Carol

My doctor once said to me that I am showing places to people who will never be able to go there themselves. I feel that way about your work. I'm not going to be able to see that wonderful underwater world but you are sharing it with me.

Paulette

14 hours ago, losdemas said:

Dunno, but I like that image. Reminiscent of a Lowry painting! 

Thank you! I'm a fan of Lowry. Don't readily recognize the Lowry in myself though.

However...

Just found out where the image (most probably) has been used:

illustrating a funny traveller letter about "miracle cures" on international flights.  This is the complete letter:

MIRACLES AT 30,000 FEET

Has anyone else experienced "miracle cures" on international flights?

I have witnessed this several times on long-haul sectors where an apparently disabled person in a wheelchair obtains priority boarding but on arrival walks off the plane unassisted. First to board, but not last to leave.

Why fly to Lourdes when the flight itself has miraculous healing properties?

<name> <place>

;-)

wim

15 hours ago, losdemas said:

Great image. Had to give up diving a good number of years ago now, owing to a recurrence of asthma (really wouldn't want that happening at 30 metres!). Used to truly love it. #jealous :( 

losdemas - 

I think I'd not want to keep going if I couldn't dive. I had nearly 3 years out of the water about 20 years ago when an illness knocked me right down - I kept diving, probably when I shouldn't have, and passed out underwater a couple of times before I realised how reckless I was.  But with asthma.....yes, your dive days certainly were numbered. What a shame - although these days, some asthmatics are being allowed to dive, depending on severity and how long since the last attack.

14 hours ago, NYCat said:

My doctor once said to me that I am showing places to people who will never be able to go there themselves. I feel that way about your work. I'm not going to be able to see that wonderful underwater world but you are sharing it with me.

Paulette

Paulette, that one of the reasons I started taking photos underwater - in the late 1970's there was so little information about the underwater world and I was so enthusiastic (and still am) about what I see. I'd love to take you snorkelling one day at my favourite place in Solomon Islands - we could have a play with a few sharks as well. 

19 minutes ago, cbimages said:

. I'd love to take you snorkelling one day at my favourite place in Solomon Islands - we could have a play with a few sharks as well. 

Oh my. Somehow this reminds me of Paul Nicklen wanting to improve the reputation of leopard seals. Check out the last 8 minutes of his TED talk...https://www.ted.com/talks/paul_nicklen_tales_of_ice_bound_wonderlands

Paulette

9 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Used for "Corporate package"  Not sure what that means exactly....not a high value sale.

usa-hershey-pa-pennsylvania-hershey-park

Ups and downs in the business world? Or stock market. Makes me dizzy.

Paulette

Archived