13 hours ago, regen said:

It is 50% plus expenses but when i asked they would not tell me how much the expenses were. Are Alamy actively trying to claim on the 10% pot?

Regen

Don't know, but I would think they are. I'll probably just keep claiming on my own, except for TV uses.

I haven't seen a DACs payment yet in my Alamy account. Last year it didn't come in until December but I'm wondering if there is a mistake since so many of you have received yours. Are there other USA people who are having Alamy do your DACS and have not (or have) received payment?

Paulette

I did receive $60.15 as the TV portion of DACs via Alamy  but I don't have any idea how that breaks down on a per program basis. That has to be done from scratch every year. My books and magazines claim is still done direct with DACs and was down by almost £200 from last year. Still a useful sum though. As other hands grab more bits of the pie, and publishers continue to try to avoid paying in by contracts with their contributors I fear this trend will continue.  As ever, it's getting harder to make a living out of photography.

18 hours ago, NYCat said:

Just bumping this up in case any fellow USA residents have also asked to have Alamy do their DACS. Have you received the payment?

Paulette

Scheduled for payment in November. (Well, I'm not actually a USA resident, but Alamy payments are made to my US bank account.)

Thank you. I assume what you mean is that it has appeared in your account as part of your November payout? I haven't seen anything in my account yet. I am in the USA and, so far, no one from here has answered this thread. I don't want to bother Alamy with it until I'm pretty sure I have a problem.

Paulette

Archived