3 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Does this mean that those claiming DACS via Alamy will get a payment around the same time? Did those claiming directly used to get it in December? My last one from Alamy was on the 19th December 2016.

Geoff.

Yes, direct claimants were paid in December, very handy just before Christmas!

John.

1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Does this mean that those claiming DACS via Alamy will get a payment around the same time? Did those claiming directly used to get it in December? My last one from Alamy was on the 19th December 2016.

Geoff.

I got mine direct on the 6th. So Alamy don't make you wait for it to "clear" then.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a DACS email. Yay! It's on its way. 

"I am delighted to let you know that you will receive your Payback royalty payment direct into your bank account within the next five working days, along with your royalty statement by post.

Please allow five working days to receive your payment and statement. If it hasn’t arrived by Friday 6 October please get in touch with us."

:)

Yeah.... although this bit doesn't sound quite as good.

"Although DACS received the majority share of the monies available, you may notice a proportional decrease in your overall royalty payment. This is because the overall monies available this year to visual artists from the CLA has reduced from previous years. Also, other visual representative organisations were eligible for a share of the monies this year. However, every claimant is still guaranteed a minimum royalty of £25. "

8 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

Unfortunately there are many more hands grabbing a share now - agencies rather than creators want to muscle in. And since they have the usage data and can withhold it from us we are basically stuffed. 

Just another turn of the screw.....

Another good argument for RM. At least we get some usage data.

24 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

But not the ISBN numbers that we will increasingly need, year on year, to make claims. 

It really is a loaded system that has been so tilted to favour the agencies who have this information and can withhold it to benefit themselves at our expense.

The claim system is changing every year from now on until up to 40% of the claim will be entirely dependent on having the ISBN data that agencies won't give us:angry:

And there is now a new rival to DACS which is basically a BAPLA creation for agencies ( though in theory they say that they accept claims from individuals)

http://www.picsel.org.uk

Right. I forgot about the increasing importance ISBN's. Have been able to dig up very few myself.

The writing may be on the wall when it comes to filing claims on our own.

I have claimed direct from DACS for the last couple of years - I received an e-mail today to say I will receive payment in the next 5 days

I would advise everyone to claim direct - its very easy

Kumar (the Doc one)

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have claimed direct from DACS for the last couple of years - I received an e-mail today to say I will receive payment in the next 5 days

I would advise everyone to claim direct - its very easy

Kumar (the Doc one)

I've been claiming directly as well. Sounds as if we may be in for some surprises this year, though. It will be interesting to see what comes down the pipe.

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

It seems to me that not everybody understands the changes that have happened with DACS.

Perhaps we will be rudely awakened in the coming week or so.

Yes.... preparing for the worst :-(

It does seem that agencies think it's theirs to claim and those dam pesky image creators keep trying to take it from them! They'll not be happy until they take it all in exchange for a credit and a pat on the back ;-)

Archived