LawrensonPhoto

AIM

Can we have a tab for viewed images and another for zoomed images?

Quality control

Pseudonyms

File types

Attributes

Discoverability

Images - drop down tab with  - viewed -   - zooms -

This would be the single most important update for us contributers i feel

On 27/08/2017 at 12:09, LawrensonPhoto said:

Can we have a tab for viewed images and another for zoomed images?

Quality control

Pseudonyms

File types

Attributes

Discoverability

Images - drop down tab with  - viewed -   - zooms -

This would be the single most important update for us contributers i feel

........and another for images put in lightboxes.

John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before .

It is very hard to pick out and actually see tags from the jumbled list. I frequently try to add a new tag only to find that it is already there but I didn't see it. 

Yes!

Paulette

On 29/08/2017 at 11:31, NYCat said:

Yes!

Paulette

Yes indeed - at the beginning of AIM testing, the tags were in alphabetical order, which was much better - but it apparently messed up search results.

• Upvote 1

On 29/08/2017 at 10:23, geogphotos said:

It is very hard to pick out and actually see tags from the jumbled list. 

Triple yes. My eyes are hurting. (and I'm not even joking) 

Please give us plain black text on a white background. It really does make a difference. Let us copy and paste, please, please. 

Paulette

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Please give us plain black text on a white background. It really does make a difference. Let us copy and paste, please, please. 

Paulette

+1 above and a "delete all keywords" button and being able to sort according to our own file naming convention.

• Upvote 1

Just now, GS-Images said:

I've been reliably informed that they tried having a "delete all tags" option, but the fear is that people would delete all tags from lots of images by mistake, not realising several were selected. Apparently a "Are you sure?" box popping up didn't stop testers from doing this.

I suggested in another thread recently that if the system only let us use a "delete all" option if just one image was selected, then if we accidentally deleted them, it would only affect one image. I think this would work very well.

As for the contrast in colours on the grey tags - I've also been told that this was looked at during the testing phase and they chose what seemed a good option. I don't think any of us who have mentioned it think the colours are good though, so maybe they'll change that.

Geoff.

I'm ok with it just being one image at a time. It just sooo time consuming (only using Wacom pen) hitting the little x:es before I can drop all the keywords in and choose supertags. I always edit keywords in Lightroom, that is my priority (and under my complete control).

Please Alamy make it more pen friendly.

Better still: make it a desktop version and a mobile app.

wim

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Please Alamy make it more pen friendly.

Better still: make it a desktop version and a mobile app.

wim

I would welcome a mobile app or tablet app as I can't use AIM at all on either, unlike every other web based interface from any other image library!
It is a totallyy user unfriendly, non intuitive GUI and I would not be paying the provider or the developer a penny more until it was fixed!
Just my opinion.

42 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

On a tablet with the right browser and browser settings, it is usable IF they resolve the issue I've told them about with the keyboard constantly popping up. I told them why it happens, they have listened and will look into it., so I hope it will be fixed. Then I'm sure we can all discuss the best browser/settings that allow it to be usable. A proper mobile version really should already be here though, after 2 years developing the new system, it seems strange that a mobile version wasn't done at the same time. It's only some layout changes that are needed, so it's not as if they'd need to start from scratch.

Geoff.

If you look at the layout and the functionality the mobile version even has been the priority. The desktop version is very much a derivative of that. It ignores a lot one can do and is used to do on an everyday basis on a desktop.

wim

21 hours ago, wiskerke said:

If you look at the layout and the functionality the mobile version even has been the priority. The desktop version is very much a derivative of that. It ignores a lot one can do and is used to do on an everyday basis on a desktop.

wim

I want to choose which browser I use on my tablet and phone, and as I said, other people's apps work fine on my devices including my own website mickflynnimages.com
The priority over the desktop is probably tied in with the thing we can't mention on here, but which is aimed at the younger generation who are happy with lo-res images with no longevity (in my opinion).