andre belg

no sales

I recently sold two from 2009, one from 2013 and one from 2015. Most of my images don't "date" as they are wild animals and don't wear any clothing.

Paulette

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I licensed for the first time an old slide scan of Manaus taken around 1996 and probably sent to Alamy on a CD around 2003. Never even zoomed before.

Gen

Microstock is cancer, that's all I want to say

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just licensed one from October 2009. Ya never know.

In fact, 2008 was a good year. In the past year, I've licensed 6 from '08.

Edited by Betty LaRue

My oldest sale this year is from 1979. I also have three from 1992.

I sold an old pic two days ago that I had only re-keyworded three days ago. PU though. :-(

Hmmm. 

• Upvote 1

Andre,

You have been given some good advice and I agree with most of what others have written.

I do have a few things to add: I personally do not like RF and I hate Micro.

Over the years I have worked with the largest photo agencies around the world and most of them

are currently out of business....I have been licensing images via Alamy for more than ten years

and I can honestly say that I have 100% trust in Alamy.  The stock photography business has been

through a tough decade and it is my opinion that Alamy has done the best they can for their

contributors and for Alamy.

I must add, again my opinion, that you are shooting yourself in the foot by having your images available on Micro as

well as Alamy.  I have looked through a number of your images and in my opinion they are very good, bit over

over processed.  Your captioning is awful and makes your images almost un-licensable.

P.S. Alamy licenses over a decade old film scans frequently and I spend hours researching my captioning

and keywording before I upload them to Alamy.

Best,

Edited by Chuck Nacke
  • Upvote 5

Some good words here, the oldest image I've sold on Alamy is from August 2011.  Not as old as some, but still, 6 years old and it's still relevant.

2 hours ago, arterra said:

If nobody writes about the subject you photographed, it will not be bought. You can take a picture of a bat, only endemic to that little cave in Transylvania, but if nobody is interested in writing an article about this rare animal, well .......

Unless you write about it yourself.  It's been a few years since I wrote regularly for gardening and other magazines but it gave me an appreciation of the type of photography needed to illustrate my own work.  Editors like packages - it saves them time - and there is merit in submitting an article to a magazine and pointing to your Alamy photos (technical quality guarantee) to illustrate said article.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, arterra said:

I did that: mountain animal column/feature/ .... (what's the proper word in English? 

Cheers,

Philippe

Column/feature.:)

Also article, as you say, or piece if short. Report if from an exhibition or something like that.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

Latest sale (earlier this month) was taken in 1993 - 24 years ago - you just need a little patience... ;)

newgrange-passage-grave-entrance-CF5AJF.