WiFi Adapter

I have the WU-1b for my Nikon D610. As reviewers warned it doesn't work very well. When I'm at home my iPhone prefers my home network to the one the adapter uses. It  seems to prefer files that are less than 5mb and often disconnects. Also I haven't yet found a way to prevent it from disconnecting after the first photo has transferred.Maybe I missed something in the settings?

I haven't yet tried it in the field. Perhaps once I'm away from my home network, in a place with fewer wi-fi networks, it would work better.

fD

52 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

I haven't tried the adapter, but for transferring images in the field I use an OTG cable, which you can connect to a USB socket on compatible phones and tablets for transferring photos, if that's of any help to you?

Geoff.

I'm sure a wired connection is preferable. I have the camera kit for my original iPad and it transfers photos quickly without a hitch. I probably should've spend my money on this Lightning to USB Adapter.

We gave a granddaughter a D3200 a couple of Christmases ago, in a package that included another lens, the wifi adapter, and other stuff. She likes using it to transfer to her iphone, but I don't know beyond that.

You didn't say exactly what you wanted to use it for, but if you're talking about transferring images from camera to computer, nothing beats sticking the SD card into an inexpensive card reader that's plugged into the computer's USB port.

Archived