Have you found any Alamy Photographs during August

Guardian Online  14/08/17

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/aug/14/tagus-river-at-risk-of-drying-up-completely
FCGFR8      Alberto Paredes /  age fotostock     Drought in Entrepeñas Reservoir, Guadalajara province, Spain

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/aug/14/running-best-events-for-beginners-improvers
C7CCJ8   Graeme Peacock   Runners in the 2011 Bupa Great North Run coming over the Tyne Bridge in Newcastle, view from the Gateshead side, Tyne and Wear
EJE0T9     Jason Wells    Liverpool Santa Dash 2014   
FXR2BA    Clive Jones    Brighton & Hove, Sussex, UK, 17 April 2016. The 2016 Brighton Marathon was the seventh running of the Marathon held on a largely coastal route around Brighton & Hove

6 minutes ago, Pearl said:

This morning I think

Pearl

Pity Alamy changed it instead of removing it. Save a lot of grief.

Allan

32 minutes ago, Pearl said:

I don't think the likes add up whereas up votes do.  I prefer that there just be likes.

Pearl

Just Liked and upvoted your last post, individually and independently. Your total increased by one each time, but only by one when I did both. Looks like one or the other get counted, but doing both only adds one.

Posted by York Photographer

14 minutes ago, York Photographer said:

Just Liked and upvoted your last post, individually and independently. Your total increased by one each time, but only by one when I did both. Looks like one or the other get counted, but doing both only adds one.

Posted by York Photographer

That's interesting, thanks for reporting back.  I can't see the point of having both then.  At least now we can remove the reaction if we have done it accidentally.

The whole thing is getting rather pointless as contributors reporting found images end up with huge numbers compared to the rest of us.  I thought the idea of them was to indicate reputation i.e. to show that someone knows what they are talking about but hey ho....

Pearl

For this thread, I like to think of 'greenies' as Thanks. It's only polite when someone has gone to the trouble of reporting an image.

Other threads are different and should perhaps indicate agreement with a comment.

I would prefer not to have Reddies though.  My Mamma use to say -  "If you can't say something nice the don't say anything at all"  :D

John

5 minutes ago, John Walker said:

For this thread, I like to think of 'greenies' as Thanks. It's only polite when someone has gone to the trouble of reporting an image.

Other threads are different and should perhaps indicate agreement with a comment.

I would prefer not to have Reddies though.  My Mamma use to say -  "If you can't say something nice the don't say anything at all"  :D

John

I prefer to thank them personally if they have reported one of my images found.  They don't know where the greenies have come from.

Pearl

8 minutes ago, arterra said:

Alamy wants to keep the reds because it allows them to steer discussions in a certain direction. 

Cheers,

Philippe

Only 36 images for Tin Foil Hat on Alamy.

(3 UCO in AoA.)

wim

15/08/2017, UK, Guardian, p4, Broadstairs beach, JX56RD, Malcolm Fairman [via Live News]
15/08/2017, UK, Guardian, p17, shoppers in Shibuya, ECM9P7, Sean Pavone
15/08/2017, UK, Guardian, p24, game of buzkashi in Mongolia, B5WDC6, Roger Arnold
15/08/2017, UK, Guardian, p26, Banksy Brexit mural credited toAdy Kerry/Alamy but I can't find exact one
15/08/2017, UK, Guardian G2, p10, beetroot & black bean burger, GE7T6E, Magdalena Bujak
15/08/2017, UK, Guardian G2, p12, pop art retro vector, GN9826, YAY Media AS

"CXH10M     Kumar Sriskandan   Students attending a lecture, Liverpool University, Merseyside, Lancashire UK"

Many thanks Bryan for spotting that in the Sunday Times!

Kind regards

Kumar

13 hours ago, Pearl said:

I prefer to thank them personally if they have reported one of my images found.  They don't know where the greenies have come from.

Pearl

I thank ALL posts that report an image used not just mine. However,  I send a PM as thanks if it's one of mine found rather than add a further post.
John :)

Archived