Is this site alive ?

Hello,

Put my first pictures Thursday late night. Promised response within 0-48 hours, in spite of the site's rules promise response within 24 hours and regardless weekdays/weekends.

Now I am curious is this site still exists ?

Thanks.

Edited by mila123
grammar
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Weekend?  ........... well within the 48 Hour bracket!

' ... Now I am curious is this site still exists? ... ' I suggest you have a look at the 100 million plus figure of images that Alamy has on sale plus the thousands of photographers that it supports, then ask the question again.

I guess this is your first submission?   

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, mila123 said:

regardless weekdays/weekends.

You read the submission guidelines right?

Bode well for the future ?

• Upvote 3
13 hours ago, mila123 said:

Hello,

Put my first pictures Thursday late night. Promised response within 0-48 hours, in spite of the site's rules promise response within 24 hours and regardless weekdays/weekends.

Thanks.

oh dear - whatever next 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, arterra said:

Nice way to introduce yourself :rolleyes:

Would like to say "welcome" but can't force myself to do it.

Anyway, when I look at my bank account, Alamy is well alive and kicking ^_^

Cheers,

Philippe

+1 

17 hours ago, mila123 said:

Hello,

Thanks.

The site exists... I've joined recently and haven't had any issues with QC. It takes longer for QC to pass if submitted on a weekend. From what I understand QC is Monday - Friday. Live News is 24/7.

I can't fault Alamy so far so look into it

Hai

• Upvote 1

OMG! 

Nice welcome, especially from that "raining at towers".

It was my first ever attempt to submit photos online.

I choose Alamy, because they promise quick response and, even more important, feedback.

Other sites say they return within weeks or even month.

I would easily accept rejection than silence.

After such welcome, I was about to say "Bye-bye, Alamy!", I lived without you many years, I would survive somehow.

But I just got friendly response from Hai (Thanks you !!!, Thank you so much !!!) and, actually, information that I was looking for.

SO - as usual - ignore arrogance, don't set expectation and move forward.

Thanks for an excellent lesson. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Yes the site still exists. If you stay here for a little while you'll learn that stock requires patience. A lot of patience!! Your first post doesn't demonstrate that you have that. Never mind, let us know if your images pass QC. I would imagine you'll know today.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Yes the site still exists. If you stay here for a little while you'll learn that stock requires patience. A lot of patience!! Your first post doesn't demonstrate that you have that. Never mind, let us know if your images pass QC. I would imagine you'll know today.

+1

Stock Photography is best likened to an ultra marathon a long term and slow process that gets you there - it is not a 48-hour sprint

Guys,

Besides that I am new (very new) to photography sites, I rarely participate in forums.

I already thought not to reply - enough is enough, but you are just prompting me to do it.

First - thank a lot (really!) to Geoff (GS-images) for kind explanation.

Second thanks to Sultanpepa for response.

Chuck - don't worry - I would not allow neither door nor people hit me (maybe just get frustrated for a couple of minutes).

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, GS-Images said:

Have you seen the leaked specs for the Nikon D850? Looks very nice and gives me a little more hope for Nikon, after wondering why they went backwards with the D7500. Not that I can afford a D850 when it comes out, but I wish I could. Maybe it'll knock the price of the D500 down, which I would quite like.

Geoff.

I've never owned a Canon or a Nikon, so I guess I don't really exist.

Sticking with my little mirrorless cameras for now. Small is beautiful, especially when you have a bum hip like me. B)

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Upvote 1