July Challenge - Street Art

fotoDogue

Artist Mickey Freedom painting a mural at Kiama, New South Wales, Australia

artist-mickey-freedom-painting-a-mural-on-a-building-in-a-side-street-HTPP9B.jpg

Mural in Banjul, the Gambia

wall-painting-hotel-senegambia-banjul-the-gambia-B79JFB.jpg

Trompe-l'oeil in Maranhao, Brazil

trompe-loeil-at-hotel-porto-preguias-resort-barreirinhas-maranho-brazil-AETDHJ.jpg

This is going to be a strange comp to judge as we are looking at photos of others artwork and not the artwork of the photographer him/herself.

Allan

Just now, arterra said:

You know the fine ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

Add this to my account too.:P:P With knobs on.

Allan:D

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

This is going to be a strange comp to judge as we are looking at photos of others artwork and not the artwork of the photographer him/herself.

Allan

It's all about the seeing and the composition.

OR, if you prefer, person with the most expensive camera automatically wins :D

Good topic, here's my three:

people-walking-past-the-graffiti-on-the-

People walking past graffiti,  the Leake Street tunnel, Waterloo, London

a-scooter-passes-a-wall-mural-image-of-c

A scooter passes a wall mural image of Che Guevara, Trinidad, Cuba, Caribbean

a-young-boy-and-graffiti-essaouira-town-

A young boy and street graffiti, Essouira, Morocco

Cheers

Kumar (the Doc one)

13 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

It had actually crossed my mind Allan, for this challenge and the proverb one.

Before uploading, I was wondering what is it that will be judged on? For the proverb one, I thought is it the funny side of it, the photo itself or a combination of both? For this challenge, I hesitated uploading what I did because two of my entries show nothing else but the artwork. There are in my mind more deserving entries where people are cleverly included. I did want to participate for fun anyway.

I know it's far from obvious to choose a subject trying to include as many participants as possible. Nothing too serious though, it's all good fun and I enjoy challenges.

Gen

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

Before uploading, I was wondering what is it that will be judged on? For the proverb one, I thought is it the funny side of it, the photo itself or a combination of both? For this challenge, I hesitated uploading what I did because two of my entries show nothing else but the artwork. There are in my mind more deserving entries where people are cleverly included. I did want to participate for fun anyway.

I know it's far from obvious to choose a subject trying to include as many participants as possible. Nothing too serious though, it's all good fun and I enjoy challenges.

Gen

Yes I agree the completion is for fun and I usually post some images but not this time. Not because of what I said above but simply I do not have any images of street art in my port.

I have heard of photographers being contacted by image rights solicitors acting for the artist to desist from using their work.

Allan

40 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

I have heard of photographers being contacted by image rights solicitors acting for the artist to desist from using their work.

Allan

Of course that sort of thing is a participant sport in the US and there is a notorious case involving a photograph of a street scuplture of dance steps. I believe a couple of contributors here have had some images removed by Alamy under its line-of-least-resistance doctrine.

There's a specific exception in the CDPA. In fact our Act is one of the most generous in the EU, but there's freedom of panorama in most EU countries except France and Italy.

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

Gen

I think that with the proverbs one, the biggest single factor was interpretation of the proverb. Agree about street art - my three don't have people in either, neither artist nor passers-by. Unfortunately. And I think that the most important thing is it's fun.

Gareth

23 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

My concept was to show street art in public space and if photographers choose, to show how others interact with it. Not so much to simply document someone else's work, or show art intended to hang on a wall that's been left out on the street.

34 minutes ago, marc said:

Can someone remind me how to link an Alamy photo here?

In page 1 of this topic you can read:

From vpics:

When you search for the file number, click on the image to open it. 

When the prices are displayed next to it, right click on the image and copy the address. 

From spacecadet:

If it helps, my intermediate-sized ones are copied straight from the pop-up in AIM. Click on the "+" at the top left of the thumbnail. Right-click, copy image.

Archived