Having had five decent $75 sales at the end of July they have all be refunded and replaced with $30 sales today. Anyone else had the same?

Having had five decent $75 sales at the end of July they have all be refunded and replaced with $30 sales today. Anyone else had the same?

Yes I have but only one as I had only a single sale in the first place.  Very disappointing.

Pearl

As I said in another thread: did you check the calculator for the original sales?

wim

same here 4 at 75 converted to 30 today, my heart sank.

Chuff. I had a round-figure sale (exactly $150) last month so I'm concerned

Yup, 4 today refunded and replaced with 30$ sales

Kumar

Unfortunately I didn't get a $75 sale (s) in the first place so no refund & replacement either.

dov

I haven't had any refunds (touch wood) lately, but I would be interested in knowing how these post-purchase refunds and then replacement with huge discounts come about. I've had a few in the past.

Why not ask Alamy directly? I had a 50% refund in May from a sale made about ten months previously. I asked, and was told that they had decided not to use the image; it was unusual to allow a refund after such a long time (the payment had gone through last August), but it was a key customer.

quote:

this is one of our key clients

wim

Why not ask Alamy directly? I had a 50% refund in May from a sale made about ten months previously. I asked, and was told that they had decided not to use the image; it was unusual to allow a refund after such a long time (the payment had gone through last August), but it was a key customer.

I can understand the straight refunds to key customers. It's when an image gets refunded and then re-sold for half the price that I find puzzling. It seems like an odd way of doing business, but perhaps there is a good reason for it (?).

Edited by John Mitchell

Had two refunds totalling $199 which sent me into negative total sales this month for the first time ever, disappointing, discouraging, but not the end of the world. 

Two more refunds tonight, two $75.73 sales now down to $30.74 each. There must be a half off sale going on!

Two more refunds tonight, two $75.73 sales now down to $30.74 each. There must be a half off sale going on!

Same here. I just checked and four $75.73 sales have been refunded and re-sold for $30.74. I now have an $88 negative total for August, whatever that means.

On the plus side, a $33 sale popped up at the same time as the refunds. I guess $30 is the new $75.

Edited by John Mitchell

Same here. I just checked and four $75.73 have been refunded and re-sold for $30.74. I now have an $88 negative total for August, whatever that means.

On the plus side, a $33 sale popped up at the same time as the refunds. I guess $30 is the new $75.

I had a $33 sale come in too.  I guess I should be happy that I just a few bucks north of being negative!

Same here. I just checked and four $75.73 have been refunded and re-sold for $30.74. I now have an $88 negative total for August, whatever that means.

I had a $33 sale come in too.  I guess I should be happy that I just a few bucks north of being negative!

Let's hope those $33 sales don't get re-posted at $16.50.

I just had that exact change too (though on just the one file). Almost negated a welcome Aug 1st sale. :-(

Let's hope those $33 sales don't get re-posted at $16.50.

I think I am laughing and crying at the same time!

I've had this type of think occur and I think it's strange. In my other business, if a customer requests a discount from one of the companies I represent after they've purchased an item, they may get one the next time they buy. But not a refund.

• Upvote 1

I had one too! It's like rubbing salt on a wound.

I had one that posted today as well.  $75.73 sale from last week that refunded and resold for $30.74.  Boo!