Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Found on the Bridge web site

 

https://thebridgebk.com/how-hot-dog-eating-contest-became-marketing-marvel/

 

New York, New York, USA. 4th July, 2016. Nathan's Famous 100th Anniversary Fourth of July Hot Dog Eating Contest. Stock Photo

 

Photograph of Nathans 100th anniversary hot dog eating contest. Photographer: Zuma Press

 

Image ID: G9YNNG

 

 

George Shea declaring Joey Chestnut the winner of the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. Joey Chestnut ate 70 hot Stock Photo

 

Photo of George Shea declaring Joey Chestnut the winner at Nathans hot dog eating contest. Photographer Eric Kowalsky

 

Image ID: G9YNE0

 

 

Miki Sudo & Sonya Thomas Stock Photo

 

Picture of Miki Sudo and Sonya Thomas at Nathans hot dog eating contest. Photographer Eric Kowalsky

 

Image ID: G9YNCP

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday Times 2nd

 

BJG0PH Mike Kemp  human brain

E64592  Tom Merton Woman rubbing aching back

BHJY8M  DCPhoto rear view of woman with yellow gloves in kitchen doing housework

E5R2KD  VOISIN/PHANIE Doctor taking a blood sample from a pregnant woman

 

Business

 

EJGX1E   Dave Porter 82219 Virgin Trains operating company, 82 class High Speed Electric Train, East Coast Main Line Railway, Peterborough, Cambridge

DG4NRD  Sean Pavone  Tallinn, estonia at the financial district

CXRWCN  Dennis Cox  RCMP Musical Ride, 32-member daily equestrian performance, do their famous Cavalry Charge (Red Surge

DH9493  JASON BATTERHAM  Offices to let in modern glass fronted office block. 40 Vicarage Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, United Kingdom

A99661 Berle Cherney   Latex gloved hand picks up a vial from a large tray of similar vials

EXAWBC  PhotoAlto Tablet trays passing into prescription drug packaging equipment

HCGEEG  Georgios Tsichlis   Feet in socks of all the family relaxing and warming by cozy fire

 

Money

 

EH1FTB  Ian Allenden  Young Couple With Empty Pockets And No Money

DRJRHD   vasa  somnambulist walking on the roof

EK2ET6   Mark Richardson Retirement pension fund savings

D9C2X1  incamerastock High street UK - Shoppers and shops in the high street in the city centre of Bath, Somerset, UK in summer

GRPHJH  Kevin Britland  A Flybe aircraft on the tarmac at Exeter airport, Devon, England, Uk

 

Home

 

BM5HPE  Stan Pritchard Allhallows Lane and the Town Hall. Kendal, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom Europe

HGHYKB   Greg Balfour Evans  The Old Bank House, Market Place, Ringwood, Hampshire, England, United Kingdom

DRY5M5  Nick Turner Stroud Farmers' Market, Gloucestershire UK (No credits)

EHMKHG Chinese woman cutting fruit (Does not appear in database)

 

Scottish Edition

 

BN2KNC Linda Kennedy   Cotton-top Tamarin monkey

EY54RR David Massemin  Partula Snail on leaf - Tahiti French Polynesia

GCTYYA   EnVogue_Photo Begging using a wheelchair on the streets of Liverpool, Merseyside, UK

BWKX83  Joushua Wainwright Person in an office typing data from a sheet of paper into a computer using a keyboard

BABCT8  Alex Segre RBS headquarters at Liverpool Street London England UK

 

Travel

 

H2NE0R  theblondegirl12  Beautiful view of la Morra town among green hills and luxurious vineyards of Piedmont, Langhe, in summer in the north of Italy

 

Edited by Bryan
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the spot Adie. A rare appearance in this thread for me and a rare occasion of a zoom followed by a quick sale. Things are looking up.

 

ETA. I can't work out how this quote feature now works and how I refer and show the post which shows Adie made. I also like to edit quotes so that I don't repeat long previous posts unnecessarily. Can anybody point me in the direction of how to do these things?

Edited by Joseph Clemson
Puzzled on how forum now works
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I also like to edit quotes so that I don't repeat long previous posts unnecessarily. Can anybody point me in the direction of how to do these things?

 

Just press the + quote button below the message. Once you have the quote, select the text you want to delete, press delete, - like i've done above. Simples.

 

John.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Stokie said:

 

Just press the + quote button below the message. Once you have the quote, select the text you want to delete, press delete, - like i've done above. Simples.

 

John.

 

Ah. I get it now. One has to press the + quote button AND click on the little grey box which appear in the bottom right corner of the screen to get the quote to appear.

Funny how improving things always seems to make them more complicated than they once were. :wacko:

I thank you.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tim Gainey said:

 

 

AY7MWT  /  MELBA PHOTO AGENCY

 

Thanks Tim, just couldn't spot it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found in the guardian 4-7-17

 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2017/jul/04/chris-packham-slugs-garden-wildlife

 

 

Song Thrush Turdus philomelos in song spring Swaledale Yorkshire Stock Photo

 

Photograph of a song thrush. Photographer: David Tipling

 

Image ID: A43W77

 

 

Found in the Guardian on 3-7-17

 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jul/03/prevent-strategy-anti-radicalisation-stigmatising-muslim-pupils-teachers

 

CHILDREN IN THE PLAYGROUND, HOLYROOD SECONDARY SCHOOL, GLASGOW. Stock Photo

 

Photo of children in a playground. Photographer: Mike Goldwater

 

Image ID: A4BYEF

 

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/jul/03/air-on-board-cruise-ships-is-twice-as-bad-as-at-piccadilly-circus

 

 

Party on sundeck, P&O Oceana Cruise Ship, Stavanger, Rogaland, Norway Stock Photo

 

Picture of a party on a cruise. Photographer: Greg Balfour Evans

 

Image ID: BCC916

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/03/desititution-ignore-welfare-cuts

 

Little brown haired girl sitting on a suitcase in an empty room with one box and staring at her doll Stock Photo

 

Pic of a longly girl with a doll. Photographer: Stock Connection Blue

 

mage ID: A05HB3

 

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jul/03/cancer-surviving-women-third-less-likely-become-pregnant-study-finds

 

A composite several CT (computed tomography) scans shows yellow line proton beam field-shaping aperture firing tumor Stock Photo

 

Picture of of CT scans composite. Photographer: RGB Ventures / SuperStock

 

Image ID: D0P1T0

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/03/brexit-british-citizens-eu-nationals-vote-uk-elections

 

People voting in local elections at polling station in Haringey, London, England, UK Stock Photo

 

Photograph of people voting. Photographer: Alex Segre

 

Image ID: AAJKR7

 

 

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/03/google-deepmind-16m-patient-royal-free-deal-data-protection-act

 

A&E Department - Royal Free Hospital - London Stock Photo

 

Photo of and A & E department. Photographer: Robert Stainforth

 

Image ID: BPJMCW

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found on the Traveller website

 

http://www.traveller.com.au/great-destinations-that-are-not-overrun-with-tourists-so-good-we-dont-want-to-tell-you-about-them-gx3jkl

 

Pinchos or pintxos served in a bar of Donostia San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Basque Country, Spain Stock Photo

 

Photograph of food in Spanish bar. Photographer: Stefano Politi Markovina

 

Image ID: E5J4C1

 

Lion walking over a bridge with vehicle of tourists comimg behind Moremi Game reserve Okavango Delta Botswana Africa Stock Photo

 

Photo of a lion walking in Botswana. Photographer: Karin Duthie

 

Image ID: A9EFCF

 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Thanks for the spot Adie. A rare appearance in this thread for me and a rare occasion of a zoom followed by a quick sale. Things are looking up.

 

ETA. I can't work out how this quote feature now works and how I refer and show the post which shows Adie made. I also like to edit quotes so that I don't repeat long previous posts unnecessarily. Can anybody point me in the direction of how to do these things?

 

You're welcome Joseph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adie said:

Found on the Traveller website

 

http://www.traveller.com.au/great-destinations-that-are-not-overrun-with-tourists-so-good-we-dont-want-to-tell-you-about-them-gx3jkl

 

Pinchos or pintxos served in a bar of Donostia San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Basque Country, Spain Stock Photo

 

Photograph of food in Spanish bar. Photographer: Stefano Politi Markovina

 

Image ID: E5J4C1

 

 

 

Thanks for having found this one of mine. 

 

Stefano

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

USA, The Washington Post, Style section, July 4th 2017 issue

 

Pg. C2, Movie still from "Hook", Entertainment Pictures

 

release-date-11-december-1991-movie-titl

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/07/2017 at 13:57, Bryan said:

BN2KNC Linda Kennedy   Cotton-top Tamarin monkey

 

 

Many thanks Bryan, would never have found that in a month of Sundays!

 

Linda x

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4664500/Pippa-Middleton-wears-emerald-green-Irish-wedding.html

 

From Saturday in Glengarriff, West Cork, Ireland - 4 of mine!!!

 

Edit: Don't know how to post pics since the forum change - sowweeeeee.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Colblimp
Addition.
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to be of assistance Linda and Stan

 

Times 1st

 

Weekend

 

BRA4DY  Derek Croucher   Bishops Bay, Loch Leven, Highland, Scotland, UK

B1Y492   ali williams  River Wye near Bigsweir, Wye Valley in the summer

JBY51R  Graham Prentice   Pair of rowing boats on the shore and panoramic view of Bosham, a south coast coastal village in Chichester Harbour, West Sussex, southern England, UK

J1G18G GWI/MAP/Arnaud Descat MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN. IN 1° PLAN WITH GCHE: CISTUS X ARGENTEUS 'BLUSHING PEGGY SAMMONS' (PÉPINEIÈRE FILIPPI) WITH DROITE : CISTUS X DUBIUS

B2ANF3  John Glover Sagittaria sagittifolia Japanese arrowhead

E27PWD  Clare Gainey Euphorbia griffithi 'Fireglow' in an English garden

CWPM14 Flowerphotos Eremurus x isabellinus 'Cleopatra', Foxtail lily

F4XJRX  Jim Laws   A steep path with steps to Oxen Craig at Bennachie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

 

Travel

 

B1HP3F Vidler, Steve Wildflowers on the beach, St. Ouen's Bay, Jersey, Channel Islands

 

Money

 

FD4T4F  Chris Bull   Morrisons supermarket. A man works in the wine section

Edited by Bryan
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Thanks for reporting Bryan

 

Guardian online
04.07.2017

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017/jul/04/how-to-hike-the-grand-canyon-usa-walking-camping-adventure
AX5XHP imageBROKER/Gerhard Zwerger-Schoner Lookout point along the North Rim Trail, Grand Canyon
H3CHC5 Ron Niebrugge South Kaibab Trail, Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
HN8FDC parkerphotography Grand Canyon Railway.
D3G072 NPS Grand Canyon: Cottonwood Campground
BWN5WA Prisma by Dukas Presseagentur Gm... /Newman Mark Grand Canyon Colorado River at Phantom ranch
ARP8CK RWI FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY A view from near Phantom Ranch.
AR9DMN Marjorie McBride The foot bridge at Phantom Ranch
HA0C2B Nature and Science Bright Angel Lodge in Fall
D3FFPK  NPS Grand Canyon Lodge North Rim

 

Edited by Clare Gainey
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bryan said:

Glad to be of assistance Linda and Stan

 

Times 1st

 

Weekend

 

BRA4DY  Derek Croucher   Bishops Bay, Loch Leven, Highland, Scotland, UK

B1Y492   ali williams  River Wye near Bigsweir, Wye Valley in the summer

JBY51R  Graham Prentice   Pair of rowing boats on the shore and panoramic view of Bosham, a south coast coastal village in Chichester Harbour, West Sussex, southern England, UK

J1G18G GWI/MAP/Arnaud Descat MEDITERRANEAN GARDEN. IN 1° PLAN WITH GCHE: CISTUS X ARGENTEUS 'BLUSHING PEGGY SAMMONS' (PÉPINEIÈRE FILIPPI) WITH DROITE : CISTUS X DUBIUS

B2ANF3  John Glover Sagittaria sagittifolia Japanese arrowhead

E27PWD  Clare Gainey Euphorbia griffithi 'Fireglow' in an English garden

CWPM14 Flowerphotos Eremurus x isabellinus 'Cleopatra', Foxtail lily

F4XJRX  Jim Laws   A steep path with steps to Oxen Craig at Bennachie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, United Kingdom

 

Travel

 

B1HP3F Vidler, Steve Wildflowers on the beach, St. Ouen's Bay, Jersey, Channel Islands

 

Money

 

FD4T4F  Chris Bull   Morrisons supermarket. A man works in the wine section

Bryan,

Thanks for spotting F4XJRX. My Scotland pictures seem to be doing much better than my Norfolk home patch images at the moment! 

Jim :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2017 at 08:35, Joseph Clemson said:

One has to press the + quote button AND click on the little grey box which appear in the bottom right corner of the screen to get the quote to appear.

 

OR highlight any text you want and "quote this" box appears, then click

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A study has found many children face having their future happiness blighted by their background.

The Guardian, Tuesday 4th July -  A study has found many children face having their future happiness blighted by their background. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jul/04/millions-of-children-in-england-growing-up-in-high-risk-environments

 

patients – DeepMind.

The Guardian, Monday 3rd July -  ‘We underestimated the complexity of the NHS and of the rules around patient data’ – DeepMind. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/03/google-deepmind-16m-patient-royal-free-deal-data-protection-act

 

Voters in London. Most non-UK EU nationals cannot vote in UK general elections.

 The Guardian, Monday 3rd July - Voters in London. Most non-UK EU nationals cannot vote in UK general elections. Photograph: Alamy

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jul/03/brexit-british-citizens-eu-nationals-vote-uk-elections

 

‘Morello’ cherries hanging on a branch.

 The Guardian, Sunday 2nd July - Pick of the bunch: tree fruit doesn’t get any better than the tart cherry variety ‘Morello’. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jul/02/james-wong-growing-fruit-in-the-shade

Edited by Jansos
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimitsana in Arcadia.

The Guardian, Saturday 1st July -  Dimitsana in Arcadia is emblematic of the entrepreneurial spirit taking root as a result of the tourism boom. Photograph: Alamy Stock Photo

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/01/tourism-is-our-lifejacket-debt-stricken-greece-gets-record-number-of-visitors

Edited by Jansos
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.