Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, to all

 

I am relatively new to stock photography, i just wanna ask from when can we see sales really pouring in. I had gone through some blogs they are saying around 6 months for first sale, is that true...?

Secondly, please have a look into my profile and give a feedback on types of images i am uploading, is the content right for sale or i need to upscale my creativity.

Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Gurpreet,

unfortunately it's true... i had to wait 10 months before my first sale.

You have a lot of similars in your port, that decreases your CTR leading to less sales (as in my case lol)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/06/2017 at 22:17, Gurpreet said:

Secondly, please have a look into my profile and give a feedback on types of images i am uploading, is the content right for sale or i need to upscale my creativity.

Thanks in advance

 

The first thing I see is that you are uploading images of India in monochrome. Use colour. Shooting India in mono is like shooting flowers in mono. Indian is synonymous with colour in my mind and I expect it is the same for most westerners. If you want to keep uploading mono then it is probably not harmful but do upload the colour versions as well and make them vibrant with colour.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, KODAKovic said:

hi Gurpreet,

unfortunately it's true... i had to wait 10 months before my first sale.

You have a lot of similars in your port, that decreases your CTR leading to less sales (as in my case lol)

 

5 hours ago, MDM said:

 

The first thing I see is that you are uploading images of India in monochrome. Use colour. Shooting India in mono is like shooting flowers in mono. Indian is synonymous with colour in my mind and I expect it is the same for most westerners. If you want to keep uploading mono then it is probably not harmful but do upload the colour versions as well and make them vibrant with colour.

 

5 hours ago, arterra said:

monochrome picture of monkeys playing at an Indian temple Stock Photo

Keywordsamazon, animal, ape, babyblackbusinesscolorcomputerfoodforestfunfunny, fur, game, ghat, hairhandillustration, india, indian, isolatedjokejunglelove, macaque,mammal, mandir, mathura, monkey, monkeys, monochrome, natural, nature, overplayplaying, portrait, postcard, primate, saimiri, small, tail, temple, treetropical, white, wild,wildlife, young, zoo

 

AMRITSAR, PUNJAB, INDIA - 21 APRIL 2017 : portrait of Indian boy smiling Stock Photo

Keywordsandes, asia, asian, beautiful, beggar, boy, child, childhood, closeup, cute, ecuador, expression, face, familygirl, happiness, happy, helpless, homeless, hungry, india, indian, joy,kid, laughter, life, lifestyle, little, looking, miserymorning, orphan, outdoor, people, poor, portrait, poverty, punjab, road, rough, rural, sad, side, smile, south, street, traditional,village, young

 

Sad girl from Ecuador????

 

You be your own judge :rolleyes: 

Before asking us to take a look at your images, I suggest you better take a look FIRST. 

 

Cheers,

Philippe

 

57 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

A few points....

 

1) You need more variety. Too many cookies and rather basic card covers.

2) Use colour for most your work, and only B&W if it really fits.

3) Your keywording is awful. Just one example....

 

illustration of abstract design of arrow of yellow color on black background Stock Photo

 

 

Business? Woman? Window? Occupation? Puppet? Red? Success?

 

If you want to get anywhere in stock you really have to put the effort in. Go out, take photos of as many varied things as you can, come home, process well, then after they pass QC, keyword each one accurately yourself. If you try to use shortcuts such as keywording software or typing whatever comes into your head, you will not sell. You have massive competition here and many of us put a lot of time into it and do a good job. With your portfolio as it is, you will not see sales "pouring in" I'm afraid.

 

Geoff.

Hi, thanks to all of you for taking out some of yours precious time, ill surely look into each and every advice and implement them from today only. I guess I was looking for shortcuts when it comes to keywording, but as they say there's no shortcut to success, Ill be more patient now and will make sure to improve my keywords. Thanks once again.

 

Is there anything else I should improve on like subjects, etc...? Do editorial stuff like this even sell ?

Edited by Gurpreet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.