Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Anyone recognize this flower? From a roadside tree here on Gran Canaria. I cycle

or run past the tree most mornings and any car parked under the tree is covered in them.

The flowers are yellow as they open on the tree.

 

The image seems to have disappeared. I copied and pasted from AIM. Is there another/correct way to upload an image to the forum?

 

Thanks

 

Joe

 

 

 

Edited by Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know, but latest info is here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Kevin.

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you wait until it is on sale you can copy and paste from the preview page.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

google is my go-to if I can't figure out the name of something. In this case I'd type in yellow flower Gran Canaria (or state), then click to view the image options. Often that will provide results. Otherwise they have an image recognition system that you can search using your image and see similar results. I can't remember the google address for that, but it should be easy to find.

 

Good Luck!

Kristin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NYCat said:

If you wait until it is on sale you can copy and paste from the preview page.

 

Paulette

 

Thanks for the tip, Paulette.

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe said:

Anyone recognize this flower? From a roadside tree here on Gran Canaria. I cycle

or run past the tree most mornings and any car parked under the tree is covered in them.

The flowers are yellow as they open on the tree.

 

The image seems to have disappeared. I copied and pasted from AIM. Is there another/correct way to upload an image to the forum?

 

Thanks

 

Joe

 

 

 

There is an image identification thread in the Forum 'Let's Talk about Pictures'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Sally. I`ll upload image tomorrow when it should be on sale.

 

Joe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds non- native but check out the following website as it is an excellent resource for Canarian flora in general. 

 

Flora de Canarias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MDM said:

That sounds non- native but check out the following website as it is an excellent resource for Canarian flora in general. 

 

Flora de Canarias

 

Thanks for the link. I have a book of local Flora, but not as comprehensive as this.

 

Just uploaded the image to the image identification thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.