Sign in to follow this  
LawrensonPhoto

Opinion

The image below has a very narrow DOF should I upload to stock as an arty farty image :D or chuck it in Sto***mo? What do you think of these type of images.

Eden_13-04-2017_0037-2.jpg

Looks fine to me. Go ahead and upload to Al**y.:)

Allan

If it was taken with a proper camera then it can't (or at least shouldn't) go via Stockimo.

If it was taken with a phone, then it should go via Stockimo.

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

If it was taken with a proper camera then it can't (or at least shouldn't) go via Stockimo.

What if I add a phone filter? :mellow:

I suspect some folks cheat because I see images in Stockimo with too many pixels to be from a phone but the rules say phone photos only. I love the image, by the way. It would be good to sell on a site that sells prints.

Paulette

Edited by NYCat

7 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I suspect some folks cheat because I see images in Stockimo with too many pixels to be from a phone but the rules say phone photos only.

Yeah.. i know.

But with regards to the original post, so long as the tulips in the foreground are properly in focus, as they are the main subject of the image, I would go ahead and submt to Alamy.

1 hour ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Yeah.. i know.

But with regards to the original post, so long as the tulips in the foreground are properly in focus, as they are the main subject of the image, I would go ahead and submt to Alamy.

Problem I have is the focus is razor thin and not on the first tulip, I don't know what to do. ^_^

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I suspect some folks cheat because I see images in Stockimo with too many pixels to be from a phone but the rules say phone photos only. I love the image, by the way. It would be good to sell on a site that sells prints.

Paulette

Thanks, I have a few like this. Although I have an account with America Art? Never really bothered uploading. Is it worth a try?

4 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

That is the nature of closeup flowerly type images, and it's absolutely fine, as long as SOME of it is in sharp focus

I don't usually do this type of photo, but where I focused is sharp just don't want to blemish my 100% upload success rate! :D

4 hours ago, arterra said:

Yup, they all sell :D

Cheers,

Philippe

Photography Prints
 Fine Art Collection Arterra

That's interesting to hear. I've only managed to sell prints plus the occasional greeting card and phone case.

Whoops! Just realized that this could be a verboten topic. My bad. :o

On 6/16/2017 at 19:35, John Mitchell said:

Whoops! Just realized that this could be a verboten topic. My bad. :o

Nothing to see here .... move along..... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

On 6/16/2017 at 05:09, NYCat said:

Paulette

I've seen images on Stockimo in which the reflection of the dslr is clearly visible. I made the team aware, yet no photos were removed, so who knows at this point what they really want there.