48 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Thank you. I gave you a red and then cancelled it with a green.  :)  Maybe now admin can go back and undo all the reds they gave many of us when they first introduced AIM and we dared to complain? Just a thought.  ;)

Geoff.

I'm not against reds nor greens. Complaints? Hmm. ;-)
No reds or greens underneath my post at this moment, so the cancellation worked.
That Shift-Return is annoying.

wim

When searching I prefer to see the most recent posts first - either I have been too quick and missed this - or it isn't possible.

I have no need in my life for either red or green arrows. Never used them, never will. It all seems quite pointless or is it reassuring that one or two people may agree with you.

Still, for those who like them, enjoy.

Bring on the reds.

Edited by Trevor Chriss
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Trevor Chriss said:

I have no need in my life for either red or green arrows. Never used them, never will. It all seems quite pointless or is it reassuring that one or two people may agree with you.

Bring on the reds.

This is funny. Clicking on your name to the left of your post this came up:

Trevor Chriss last won the day on June 27 2016

Trevor Chriss had the most liked content!

- you seem to have won the cup of the day :)

Edited by Niels Quist

7 minutes ago, Trevor Chriss said:

Bring on the reds.

There is a place for 'likes', as they can prevent lots of people just posting 'Agreed' in response to a good idea or suggestion. Reds are less useful, and open to malicious misuse. And leader boards / league tables are more appropriate for social media rather than a supposed business forum. But I suppose it could all be part of a package and they can't pick and choose.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Yes.. here's another notification for you!

Worth mentioning that you can turn these notifications on and off if they become too much or you want more of them. In the top right-hand side of the forum window is your name and profile picture. Click on the down arrow next to your name and choose 'Account Settings' from the pop-up menu that appears. On the screen that you then go to, 'Notification Settings' is a hyperlink on the right-hand side under the heading 'Other Settings'.

I'm having to sign in again even if I've only left the forum for a little while. I like to pop in now and again when I have a moment and this is going to be a pain.

Paulette

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, GS-Images said:

Do we get cookies for coming top of the leaderboard?
[shift-enter]

Come on Alamy, offers us a prize for being top! I want to be top and I WANT MY COOKIES!
[shift-enter]

Geoff sings: "I'm better than yooo-hooo, I'm better than yooo-hooo".
[shift-enter]

Sorry. I'll get my coat. Someone feed the cat while I'm gone please.
Geoff.

Does your cat eat cookies? Maybe we can feed the cat your cookies if it does!

Ere!!! What the ells going on in here then? Some bleddy posh init. I showed the misses she said "make sure you dun ave any shit on yer boots before you go in there"

Cheers and gone

Shergar

Edited by Shergar

3 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

There is a place for 'likes', as they can prevent lots of people just posting 'Agreed' in response to a good idea or suggestion. Reds are less useful, and open to malicious misuse. And leader boards / league tables are more appropriate for social media rather than a supposed business forum. But I suppose it could all be part of a package and they can't pick and choose.

I guess but I don't do social media either. Just an Essex luddite. I was trained on an old wood and brass field camera, just haven't moved on from those old film days I suppose.:)

So what happened to the "View Unread?"  It was there this morning on my desktop, but now on my laptop I can't find it anywhere.

Am I blind?

Jill

9 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

So what happened to the "View Unread?"  It was there this morning on my desktop, but now on my laptop I can't find it anywhere.

Am I blind?

Jill

There is an 'Unread Content' link below your name, notifications and messages icons at the top right. I guess you need to be logged in though... are you logged in?

They do seem to be making changes. This morning, there was a horrible mess of a URL below everyone's name in their forum posts. This has been replaced with an hyperlink called 'Alamy URL' which seems to take you to that contributor's images if you click on it. Clicking on the number of images is broken however.

It's getting there. Still a couple of glitches as per the above, but I guess that'll be sorted soon. Not looking so bad actually

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Don't like this layout and too much not working, just like search engine and MI.

Back to the old layout please.

Allan

PS: Where is the "SEARCH BOX" which used to be top right of the page? I found it very useful myself. What about others?

Good question. Where do we search for the search box?

8 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Good question. Where do we search for the search box?

Very top right of the forum page.. above your name.. an oblong shape with 'Search' written in it and a picture of a magnifying glass.

forum_search.png

Edited by Matt Ashmore

19 minutes ago, Gervais Montacute said:

When I click on users images, it comes up as Not Found.

Yes, that what's Matt said. No doubt it'll be fixed soon. 

19 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Very top right of the forum page.. above your name.. an oblong shape with 'Search' written in it and a picture of a magnifying glass.

forum_search.png

Thanks very much. Somehow I missed that. Too many shades of grey. I guess.

23 minutes ago, ReeRay said:

Yes, that what's Matt said. No doubt it'll be fixed soon. 

They "fixed it" by turning the bare URL to a user's Alamy images into a new "Alamy URL" link, rather than the link in "Images: ???". :D

And yet again Alamy 'fixes' something which isn't broken.  FFS LEAVE THINGS ALONE!!! :angry::angry::angry:

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, KTC said:

They "fixed it" by turning the bare URL to a user's Alamy images into a new "Alamy URL" link, rather than the link in "Images: ???". :D

Baby steps... I agree that linking it to the image count as used to be would be better.

8 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

And yet again Alamy 'fixes' something which isn't broken.  FFS LEAVE THINGS ALONE!!! :angry::angry::angry:

By all accounts they didn't... their forum provider did.

4 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Baby steps... I agree that linking it to the image count as used to be would be better.

By all accounts they didn't... their forum provider did.

But Alamy could have said: actually, your 'improvement' is sh*t - put it back to how it was...

• Upvote 1