Hooray! made it into Creative

spacecadet

....with images from a couple of near-monopolies of mine.

In one case it's not the actual best-seller, though. That's still near the bottom where it always was.

Still, the Guardian keep buying it.

So it's not just the image, it's based on sales as well. Both are quite workmanlike and one is distinctly ordinary. But it was raining that day.

• 4 weeks later...

I see I have some images in Creative now too, based on searches by subject. How does this work, again? I thought it was just by application for a whole pseudonym. I tried that but was turned down.

But I only have a portion of my images in a given subject search in the Creative section, with most of them in the Relevancy section.

So in effect, Alamy is doing image editing beyond the QC technical edit, correct?

Based on my results, it does not seem to track to sales history.

I see I have some images in Creative now too, based on searches by subject. How does this work, again? I thought it was just by application for a whole pseudonym. I tried that but was turned down.

But I only have a portion of my images in a given subject search in the Creative section, with most of them in the Relevancy section.

So in effect, Alamy is doing image editing beyond the QC technical edit, correct?

Based on my results, it does not seem to track to sales history.

It was never possible to apply by pseudo, only whole accounts were accepted or rejected for Creative.  It's all different now though.  Individual images get selected either by Alamy or by client activity.  The latter is for a specific search term though eg. I have an image of Buttermere under Creative if you search Lake District UK but not if you search Buttermere.

It is all explained in the blogs here http://www.alamy.com/Blog/contributor/archive/2012/10.aspx

Pearl

I have still not sussed out the selection criteria for Creative. I have had one from the outset of an obscure location that has never had a sale or even a zoom! A colleague has one of a very popular location and has continuous sales and zooms.

Well Dunn anyway Mark. Its a great feeling if you get one selected.

dov

It does seem to be keyword related, at least in some circumstances. I recently did a test search and a few of mine turned up in Creative when specific keywords were used, but they turned up in Relevant when other keywords were used. Not sure what to make of it, but I'm not all that paranoid about it. I just take what comes.

Ken

• 3 weeks later...

Archived