Internet speed

Our local supplier has just upgraded and we now enjoy 50/20Mbps upload/download. Quite a change from the 5/1.5Mbps previous.

Out of curiosity, what are your speeds.

I have a 25/5 connection. When the contract expires i change to 60/10 for only 3 Euro's more.

Previously I had 1.8/.04... That's a drama... 

Oh and i pay about 45 Euro's at this moment. Country side....

6288546625.png

If one ever get the chance to get proper fiber - go for it. It is like going from dial-up to broadband. Have a 100/100 package (but get a wee bit more), but can have up to 1000/1000. It has resolved so many headaches at home, no longer a problem with the family of four playing Xboxes, streaming Netflix/YouTube etc. at the same time. Same price as the old broadband (24/1 which at it's best was more like 14/0.8)

I think there is one more factor that is key to any service like this - their ability to help when, and if, there is a problem, or to be accessible and able to talk to

I would happily surrender a little speed for good service!

I have 10 up and 1 down.  DSL as I am out in the country and there is no cable service available.  Does fine except when the kids come to visit and everyone is trying to stream something at the same time.

Jill

Yep, fiber. We measure at high 80's down/low 90's up. 

I'm always amused by our fiber provider's ad that seeks to distinguish itself from our non-fiber cable provider:  "We're not cable."

Currently on a super speedy 5mb adsl service (.8 up) - BT/Openreach won't upgrade our street cabinet as it's not economically viable (being in the rural location of Birmingham).

We can self fund the upgrade at around 15k

I do however have the option of Virgin, but at peak times it's awful.  

We have no cable where I live in the country, only satellite service.  My download is 5.19Mbs and upload is 1.56 Mbs and 643 PING, and of course everytime it rains I loose my internet all together.

Our local supplier has just upgraded and we now enjoy 50/20Mbps upload/download. Quite a change from the 5/1.5Mbps previous.

Out of curiosity, what are your speeds.

Oh I would love to have 5Mbps! I get 3 at the most here.

Alan

Out in our Suffolk village we supposedly get 65 down and 15 up with Plusnet. But the reality is, we have fiber to the BT cabinet which is 250 metres up the road and copper down to the house. It is faster than the old 7 down/ .5 up but not as fast as the figures would indicate The TV downstairs still buffers like mad but that may be down to the TP link. My son used to do much better with an ethernet connection wired into the back of my old router. So, the lesson is, only go wireless or use the household wiring out of desperation. It may work, but it ain't going to work well!

Archived