Not completely dire... but not anything to shout about neither. Quantity OK, price... hmmm. Extrapolated out then this year could be the lowest since I started. The low value of the pound is not helpful. And looking at the wider picture, nor is the pricing policy of a number of key parties... across the board, not just the usual suspects. Doing other work is looking increasingly promising.

The weakness of the pound helps with sales outside of the UK, for UK sales it doesn't make any difference really as gets converted from £ to $ at the time of sale, and then back again on payment. Onl;y a problem if it strengths between time of sale and time of payment,

Not completely dire... but not anything to shout about neither. Quantity OK, price... hmmm. Extrapolated out then this year could be the lowest since I started. The low value of the pound is not helpful. And looking at the wider picture, nor is the pricing policy of a number of key parties... across the board, not just the usual suspects. Doing other work is looking increasingly promising.

The weakness of the pound helps with sales outside of the UK, for UK sales it doesn't make any difference really as gets converted from £ to $ at the time of sale, and then back again on payment. Onl;y a problem if it strengths between time of sale and time of payment,

Not all of us are in the UK.

Lucky you! but in that case it's not so good

Best month in terms of volume - six, which beats a few fives I've had.

Reasonable bottom line, with my best value for over a year, then one cr@p dist sale and the usual few sales to the UK rags.

Currently on 50% of 2016 total sales and revenue so going In the right direction.

April 2017 : 8 sales for $160 gross, $80 net

YTD 100% up on equivalent period in 2016.

But... now that the search engine has been revised again, my BHZ placement has dropped from Page 1 (or 2, it bounced around a bit) back to Page 6 (where it was before all the messing with the search engine started).

Time will tell if this is results in a drop in sales :unsure: .  

Well, the first three months of the year were dire - only 5 sales for a pitiful $140 gross and CTR plummeting, though views were up. And then . . .

April - 6 sales for $341 gross including one at $200. Then 16 zooms drop in on Friday, almost as if the search engine was catching up on itself. That certainly kicked the CTR to a more respectable level.

6 sales for c$150 net, but expecting a refund from the PU sale of a photo of a box of medicinal tablets.

This year, rpd is up compared to last year, so with only 1/4 of the sales of 2016, I have almost 1/2 of the money. Hope that keeps up!

Still waiting for Alamy to settle unreported uses from the Mail/ThisIsMoney (16 months and counting), and one from the Times of San Diego (7 months and counting).

CTR down c20%

4 sales this month for a sad net of around 9 dollars.  Two were distributors, and 3 of the 4 were unreported sales going back to last summer (that I had reported).

6 sales for c$150 net, but expecting a refund from the PU sale of a photo of a box of medicinal tablets.

This year, rpd is up compared to last year, so with only 1/4 of the sales of last year, I have almost 1/2 of the money.

Still waiting for Alamy to settle unreported uses from the Mail/ThisIsMoney (16 months and counting), and one from the Times of San Diego (7 months and counting).

That's shocking.  :o

A little above average for number and amount of sales  ( all numbers gross / net ).  6 sales, $440 / $220 .  High $175 / $87.50.  Low $10.80 / $5.40.  All were direct sales.  This puts me, year to date, somewhat above last year at this time, so on the whole I'm happy.

I had 6527 views with 21 zooms for a CTR of 0.32.  My highest views for a month ever, but only about average for zooms to give the below average CTR.

I've been seeing a number of fairly general searches with a high number of views but low number of zooms.  Perhaps my competitors have likewise seen their CTR drop. 

Some examples.

Arizona USA colorful [DT] :  Personal 229 views, 1 zoom.  Total 4300 views 14 zooms   (my CTR was 0.44 against 0.33 for the total)

Winter [WOP] [uSA] Personal 71 views, no zooms.  Total 6200 views 1 zoom.  Total CTR 0.02

Robert

8 sales, but 1 refund making 7 for a gross of $249.  Worst month for amount of sales since July 2016. Usually average 12 or 13 over last 12 months.

Lowest $9.08, highest $115.00.

BHZ now back to page 1, similar to before the new AIM (page 2 or 3)

Zooms not too bad.

Think i'm heading in the right direction!

John.

2 sales for $78 gross. Not great, but as a newbie with less than 1,000 images, I'm pleased. It's the second month this year I've had 2 sales so things are heading in the right direction.

Archived