Do you think a zoom or two or maybe a few will move a specific image up in rank? 

Do you think a zoom or two or maybe a few will move a specific image up in rank? 

No idea. You could test that by looking at your zoomed images. Look for a zoomed image that has not been sold, but has a couple of zooms. Now look where it is for a couple of searches.

My guess is that it's a chicken and egg thing: higher placed images get more zooms and get more sales.

Another possibility is: more views = more sales.

How to know whether it's zooms = sales or views = sales?

No idea either. Except when each image has it's own pseudo.

wim

Not sure about zooms, but in my experience a sale appears to do wonders for a particular image's rank.

It sounds like you guys are saying that Alamy now ranks individual images.  I didn't think that was the case - only pseudos are ranked.

So my answer to Ed would be no.  A few sales or zooms may move the pseudo warship a few degrees, but the ship would need a lot more nudging before there is a substantial change.

Reimer, I can't say "I know" or even "I believe," but I will say I suspect that zooms play a part in our rank. I also suspect that sales, subjects, QC stars, regular adding of new images, the number and the health of pseudos, and a winning smile effect our rank.  :D

• Upvote 1

Not sure about the winning smile, but I agree Ed.  Alamy has told us that many of those things play a part in rank - of each pseudo, not individual images.

• Upvote 1

I have just one pseudo.