Hello from Germany

Johannes

Hello.

My name is Johannes Oehl and I am a photographer living near Stuttgart, Germany. I love to travel and shoot photos!

I am married since more than 25 years and have two children. Since my youth I am shooting photos. I used very first money for buying a Canon AE-1 (analog for sure). Since some years I am using digital still cameras. Currently I own a Nikon D800 and a Sony Alpha 7r II.

Coming from macro photography, I discovered landscape- and architecture-photography. Since a few years I am also doing portraits.

I have uploaded some photos and had to learn that a the rule DSLR-photo is a hard rule, because I'm frozen now. You can visit in the meantime my webpage www.jZoom.de

Regards,

Johannes

Johannes, welcome to Alamy. I am also new here and an image from lovely Schwetzingen (your neighborhood, near Heidelberg) was in my test submission.

Fantastic animal photos in your portfolio!

Hi Parafull,

thank you for the kind words and thank you for visiting www.jZoom.de.

Of course do I know Schwetzingen. I am working quite in the near. If you like palaces, you should go to Ludwigsburg (near Stuttgart). It has an impressive baroque garden like Schwetzingen.

Regards,

Johannes

Thank you so much, John. They are not all wildlife photos. Some are taken at zoo, too. But they are clearly tagged as zoo-photography or wildlife-photography.

Hello.

My name is Johannes Oehl and I am a photographer living near Stuttgart, Germany. I love to travel and shoot photos!

I am married since more than 25 years and have two children. Since my youth I am shooting photos. I used very first money for buying a Canon AE-1 (analog for sure). Since some years I am using digital still cameras. Currently I own a Nikon D800 and a Sony Alpha 7r II.

Coming from macro photography, I discovered landscape- and architecture-photography. Since a few years I am also doing portraits.

I have uploaded some photos and had to learn that a the rule DSLR-photo is a hard rule, because I'm frozen now. You can visit in the meantime my webpage www.jZoom.de

Regards,

Johannes

Johannes,

You do not have to use a DSLR to get images accepted on Alamy. I and many others are also using cameras like the Sony RX 100 in any of it's current versions. Some are using the Sony RX10 also.

There are other cameras which fit the bill too. The main criterion are size of sensor ( 1" and 4/3rds seem to be the smallest acceptable ), and not using extra long zoom range lenses with the smaller sensor.

Allan

Hi Allan,

thank you for the explanation. At the moment I am only working in full format; so future shots are no problem. But my older photos might have this issue, because this photos are done with a Panasonic TZ10 (small sensor, huge tele zoom).

Best,

Johannes

Hi Allan,

thank you for the explanation. At the moment I am only working in full format; so future shots are no problem. But my older photos might have this issue, because this photos are done with a Panasonic TZ10 (small sensor, huge tele zoom).

Best,

Johannes

Hi Johannes,

Yes the sensor is only 1/2.33 inch. Far too small to give IQ needed for Alamy. That coupled with the 25-300mm lens is bound to fail QC.

Allan

I

Hi there! Funny, that I got response from Canada. Just trying to geotag buildings from Montreal  :D

I often shoot images in Montreal, buildings events and all.

I was there several times for business reasons. It's one of my favorite towns, because I felt home there (I have been grown up at french border, I loved the bistros there)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I

Hi there! Funny, that I got response from Canada. Just trying to geotag buildings from Montreal :D

I often shoot images in Montreal, buildings events and all.
I was there several times for business reasons. It's one of my favorite towns, because I felt home there (I have been grown up at french border, I loved the bistros there)

Welcome, Johannes. I now live in Vancouver, but Montreal is my second home. The 60's and 70's were the golden years for Montreal's bistros. My favourites were on Rue de la Montagne and nearby streets. They are all gone now, unfortunately. It was a really exciting city back then (still is of course). You have some very nice images. Bonne chance.

Archived