What's your stock.......

ReeRay,

If I remember right, the longest skid marks ever measured were left my Jaguar......

Mustangs don't skid, they just go really fast in a straight line..

LOL Chuck, particularly with reference to speed and skid marks of which, being English, throws up a different connotation !

Good man.

Nikon D800e x 2
Nikon D7200
Tamron 15-30/2.8
Tamron 24-70/2.8
Nikon 85/1.8G
Nikon 35/1.8G
Nikon Micro 105/2.8
Nikon 300/4
Nikon TC14_II
Nikon R1C1 Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System with 4 SB-R200 units, 2 x SB-910 and one SB-800
Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS) wireless, and with TTL cord extensions

Sony RX10_III

Sony RX100_V

iPhone 7+ : stockimo submissions, SlowMo and 4K captures
iPad : stockimo submissions

Kumar, India

Cameras at present:

Canon 5D3

Canon 7D2

Canon 5D2

Sony RX1002

Lenses frequently used:

Canon 24-105L

Canon 16-35L f4

Canon 70-200L f2.8

Canon 100-400L Mk2

Kumar

Right - here's my list -

Sony RX100 M3 and a nice little padded carry case.

That's it!

Canon SLR kit long gone....   :D

Doesn't surprise me.  When I went on my last Toronto street photography trip, took my 2 cameras, the Canon with the large telephoto and the M2. Found I took 90% of the images with the Sony.  Hardly used the Canon.  

Jill

My day to day working cameras are two Nikon D3's, each with about 350,000 frames on them.  They've both been rebuilt by Nikon on a number of occasions and just keep going.  Now that Nikon isn't supporting the D3 anymore, I'll have to upgrade to a D4 or D5 when they start to fail.

I have a D800 for commercial work, mainly because art directors want crazy huge image files.  I hardly ever use it.  Even on a 12x18 inch print, I can't see the difference between the 32 mb D800 files and the 12mb D3 files.

My go-to lenses are the 24-70mm and 70-200mm.  I have a 17-35mm, but I don't use it that much.  I have a 1980's era 28mm PC lens for architecture, and a TC-300 2X teleconverter on the 70-200mm for sports.

I just bought a Fuji X-Pro1 with an 18-55mm zoom lens, which I really like.  Walking around with a big D3 is a bit like driving in an armoured personnel carrier, so I'm enjoying the low key aspect of the Fuji, and it takes pretty nice pictures.

As for cars, I have a Ford Expedition and Ford a F-250 pick-up truck, and the two of them together aren't worth $5,000.

Can't remember all the cameras I have sold, but my favourite film camera was the XD7 as the first with both Aperture and Shutter priority settings as well as manual. When both gave up I had to soldier on with the A700 replacing shutter priority with a Program setting.

Currently use A58 for my heavy A-mount lenses (rarely due to age) and now use the Sony A6000 mostly with Sony's 10-18 mm W/A zoom and 55-210 zoom. Keep the 16-50 zoooom in the bag as I tend to haul out my trusted Sony RX100M3 for anything in betwen these two zoom lenses. The RX100M3 is just so good. Rarely do I need to reduce the actual 20Mp image size for Alamy. That happens for the A6000 now and then. I just think that the 24Mp sensor is too good for the zoom lenses or I am too critical as I have not had a rejection for ages. Long may it continue. Wondered if I was right to invest in Sony at the beginning, but I am convinced now they are the leaders of the pack - at least as far as quality in a small packet is concerned.

Here's my list, for what it's worth.

Pentax SF7 - first ever SLR (sold).

Nikon F100 - fantastic camera (sold)

Nikon D90 - first ever DSLR (sold)

Nikon D700 and battery grip (reluctantly sold, but will buy another soon)

What I use today:

Nikon D3

Nikon D3s

Am buying a D4 soon.

I know this is about bodies but other people have listed their lenses so why not?! :P

Nikon 14-24 2.8

Nikon 24-70 2.8

Nikon 70-200 2.8

Nikon 50 1.4

Tamron 90 Macro 2.8

I can do everything with that little lot, not a load of gear, I know. Will be adding the Sigma 85 1.4 art very soon.

Ist. camera : Kodak Brownie 127 (still have it)

Then: Kodak Retina, (px'd)

battered Rolleiflex, (px'd),

Leica IIIf Red Dial, (still have it)

Leica M2, (still have it)

Many Mamiya C3's, 33's, 330's etc. (lost count), all sold

Mamiya RB67 (still have it)

Many Nikons, F's, FM's, FE's etc. (lost count), all sold

Leica M6 ttl, (still have it)

Grey Rolleiflex T. (Acquired in a swap for one of my prints that someone wanted more than his camera. By today's prices, he got far the better deal as the print is now worth about 3 x the camera. Still have it)

Graphic View monorail 5"x4"(still have it)

Ikeda 5"x 4", sold

Nesbitt 7"x5" / 5"x4" x 2 (Second one specially made for me from a piece of Welsh Yew wood. (still have them)

Wista 10" x 8"

Deardorff 10" x 8"

2 x digi Leica M's

Plus many lenses for everything. Too long to list.

Some of the above are presently in display cabinets as part of my retrospective exhibition at the National Library of Wales. Museum pieces! Like me! http://www.pete-davis-photography.com/exhibitions.html

When I was a young child, I had a Kodak Instamatic.. it took a flash cube on the top and a roll of 36 exposure film could last me a couple of years.

As a teenager, I had a Cannon Megazoom 105.

In my early twenties, when digit cameras came out, i got an Olympus Camedia.

In my early thirties, I bought a Nikon D50 at Heathrow airport on my way out to Warsaw (where I was attending a business trip).

And for the last two or so years, I've been using a Nikon D7000.

Brownie Hawkeye (dropped, cracked lens in 1961)

Minolta SR-1 (upgrade to 35mm)

Minolta SR-t 101

Minolta XD-7

Nikon F3 (sold all on the Minoltas to pay for the Nikon)

Nikon f5 (gave to nephew after going digital)

Nikon D100

Nikon D3 (sold when airlines reduced carry on weight allowance)

Nikon 610 and 7000 (current bodies)

Kodak Instamatic

Chinon CE-5 with Vivitar 70-210mm f/2.8-4.0

Pentax K-1000 with 50mm f/2 and 28mm f/2

Minox 35 GT

Hasselblad 500C with 80mm T* and 50mm chrome lenses

Canon EOS 650

Canon EOS 10D

Canon EOS 30D with EF-S 18-200mm

Canon EOS 50D with EF 100mm f/2.8 IS Macro L 

Fujifilm X-T1 Graphite with 35mm f/1.4 and 18mm f/2 and 50-140mm f/2.8 and vertical battery grip

Fujifilm X-T2 with 16-55mm f/2.8 and vertical battery grip

The Pentax K-1000 will never be sold, very dear to my heart ....

Marc

I sold all my redundant (Canon and Mamiya RB67) kit this time last year since I built a comprehensive Fuji X. Apart from the Fuji kit I am just left with a Canon T90 and a beaten up Ftb for nostalgia's sake.  My remaining EOS3s (x2) will go when I find the rest of the bits. Getting rid of it all was very liberating.

The cash will sit in the bank for when I need (want) something. That might not be for a while as my photography has rather lost direction and purpose.

Slightly off topic, but I'm still surprised by the number of beginners who judge the ability of a camera solely by how 'powerful' the zoom lens is.   :D

or how many megapixels...

or sheer size.....

Allan

Slightly off topic, but I'm still surprised by the number of beginners who judge the ability of a camera solely by how 'powerful' the zoom lens is. :D

or how many megapixels...

Until someone take the steps to progress from 'beginner' to 'enthusiast' at which point you start doing a bit of research, become more interested in technique and equipment, how would they know any better?

Megapixels and zoom length are the numbers which get advertised and hyped by your average consumer shop.

Archived