I'm taking this off because I just read another post about discussing lowball pricing and I agree we do not need to do this on here...it gives buyers too many lowball ideas...

Edited by judyg0313

I would say it definately is, but, if this doesn't sound too twisted as logic goes, it is POSSIBLE that without the distributor's involvement that pic MAY not have been found or sold? Poor comfort I know. $4.00 is pretty grim for a full page, I have to agree.    

It would be nice if alamy at least insisted on a voucher copy, so you got a free magazine out of it too...

You have to wonder if sales like these are worth anyone's time -- the photographer, Alamy, or the distributor. After all, time and money has to be spent on invoicing, storage, etc.

• Upvote 2

I suspect that with a lot of these sales across ALL Alamy contributors and distributors it probably is. We encounter them on the forum but there must be hundreds of measly payouts daily that we would never know about.

For the poor git on the end of the chain (who, after all, only took the photo, prepped it etc) it is NOT - unless they have some big hits too?

nj

Yep, just got one of those this week... After "distributor's commission" it was about $17. If at least we got micros volume it wouldn't hurt that much.