What colourspace should use in camera

Thanks, MDM, for the info. Shooting RAW and submitting aRGB to Alamy is no problem and I will continue to do so. But I have to wonder how many buyers use this as a criteria for choosing one image over another, or if any end users care. 

It's not a criterion. Colour space doesn't appear on any sales page.

So maybe the unpopular engineer Ken Rockwell has a point. After doing the best capture one can, it matters little which space is assigned to the final jpeg. Or am I missing something?

So maybe the unpopular engineer Ken Rockwell has a point. After doing the best capture one can, it matters little which space is assigned to the final jpeg. Or am I missing something?

Yes you are definitely missing something - literally - you are throwing away data. Sometimes it matters, sometimes it doesn't. Why throw it away unless you know you don't need it.

I shoot Large RAW with a jpg and have had my Photoshop settings on sRGB all of this time ... I think I needed sRGB settings for my fine art book that I did with blurb and I never changed it. 

I've now changed the Photoshop settings to aRGB. 

Archived