Primary and Secondary categories?

Anyone know if there are any published criteria regarding what should/shouldn't go in/under each category heading? I find some of them are a little hard to fathom and need a Dummies Guide!

Architecture and interiors (does this mean anything with a building in it or is is specifically an architectural shot?)

Archive or historical (what exactly constitutes archive / historical?)

Business (is this that different from industry?)

Industry and agriculture (primary, secondary, tertiary type industries? e.g. farming, shipbuilding, banking etc?)

Landscapes (Cityscapes, too?)

Lifestyle (Struggle with this one - it is so broad!)

Travel (sounds straightforward but is it?)

Thx in advance. John

Thanks for raising this John - I am also stumped on this one

Architectural - it has a building in it

Archival/Historical - its an old building

Business - it has a cafe

Industry - they make souvenirs

Landscape - its not portrait

Lifestyle - people go there

Travel - it is not next door

After much thought I gave up on the first pic I tried to categorise. IMO too ambiguous to be helpful. This deserves a greenie.

dov

Anyone know if there are any published criteria regarding what should/shouldn't go in/under each category heading? I find some of them are a little hard to fathom and need a Dummies Guide!

Architecture and interiors (does this mean anything with a building in it or is is specifically an architectural shot?)

Archive or historical (what exactly constitutes archive / historical?)

Business (is this that different from industry?)

Industry and agriculture (primary, secondary, tertiary type industries? e.g. farming, shipbuilding, banking etc?)

Landscapes (Cityscapes, too?)

Lifestyle (Struggle with this one - it is so broad!)

Travel (sounds straightforward but is it?)

Thx in advance. John

Thanks for raising this John - I am also stumped on this one

Architectural - it has a building in it

Archival/Historical - its an old building

Business - it has a cafe

Industry - they make souvenirs

Landscape - its not portrait

Lifestyle - people go there

Travel - it is not next door

After much thought I gave up on the first pic I tried to categorise. IMO too ambiguous to be helpful. This deserves a greenie.

dov

Hi Dov, On a dull and depressing rainy day in London your post made me smile, thank you.  ;)

When choosing a category, I try to remember what I had in mind when I decided to take the picture. Was I thinking travel, architecture, background, etc.

Sometimes, of course, I didn't have anything in mind when I pressed the shutter. Those are the really tough images to categorize. B)

If we don't categorise our images, is that going to have a detrimental effect? I did try to categorise images, but IMO a lot of the categories are irrelevant. Take for instance a pic of a Tree Surgeon cutting down a tree - what category does that fall under?! :wacko:

If we don't categorise our images, is that going to have a detrimental effect? I did try to categorise images, but IMO a lot of the categories are irrelevant. Take for instance a pic of a Tree Surgeon cutting down a tree - what category does that fall under?! :wacko:

Occupations

I really don't understand why there's no category "Nature". There's more in nature than plants and animals. And how about "Environment"?

Cheers,

Philippe

How about "Miscellaneous"? ;)

Allan

I really don't understand why there's no category "Nature". There's more in nature than plants and animals. And how about "Environment"?

Cheers,

Philippe

How about "Miscellaneous"? ;)

Allan

They probably couldn't spell it   :D

Archived