Processing - average wait time 24 hours

You can just re-upload the submissions that are languishing. When the stalled submissions pass QC, and are finally ready for keywording, just delete them in Manage Images 2.4.

I once suggested a similar idea and was reprimanded by another forum member because it would involve extra work for Alamy staff and slow the process for everyone else. As has been suggested, if Alamy binned the 24 hr submissions then we could legitimately go ahead and re-upload. However, those with slow Internet connections would probably not welcome that!   I think that we just need to be patient - have faith brethren  ;)

Wish I could delete and re-upload.

I echo your wish. To me it would make more sense for Alamy to bin my last upload and let me re-do them rather than have them languish in no man's land.

I suppose it might depend on the size of the upload.

Christine

You can just re-upload the submissions that are languishing. When the stalled submissions pass QC, and are finally ready for keywording, just delete them in Manage Images 2.4.

Dave

Our advice is do not re-upload. We are working through the backlog and re-uploading will only add more time to the process.

Our advice is do not re-upload. We are working through the backlog and re-uploading will only add more time to the process.

Mea culpa...sorry about the bad advice and adding to processing delay.

Dave

I don't believe it, no sooner have the my last 2 batches cleared the 24hour queue and my next 100+ batch drops in! This is becoming really frustrating.... 3rd one this week  :angry:

Edit, just to say... same thing as last time. Started off in the 23hour queue then decided to move on over to the 24hour one. Is this happening to anyone else at the moment?

In the last 30 days I've uploaded 500+ images in 19 batches without a single failure, however when I read there were problems last week I held off uploading any more images.  Alamy said they were investigating the problem and after several days I decided to risk another upload.  Monday evening I uploaded 50 images which were immediately listed as 23 hours.  I then uploaded 12 more images which also were listed as 23 hours.  Unfortunately 10 minutes later the first batch was switched to 24 hours and both batches are just sitting.  This is the first time I uploaded larger panoramic images so I'm assuming that's the reason and there will eventually be a partial fail.

Had a 24 hold on images uploaded last week, but that has now changed to awaiting QC. Subsequent upload straight to 23 hours now awaiting QC, latest batch this morning 23 hours. Looks like back to normal, other than for longer than usual waiting time.

I guess that there is a backlog following technical  problem.

Just to add my experience.

I've had a number of 24 hour uploads recently but one unusual upload.

6 images uploaded 1st Aug

Sequence of reports

23 hours

24 hours

Unable to process please re-upload  ( I didn't get chance to re-upload before the next report appeared)

Awaiting QC.

Work that one out  :)

John

Could be that Alamys system is just not up to the task of processing the ever increasing quantity of uploads?

Allan

This is a one-off glitch that we have nearly now resolved. If you have images still waiting to go through, they will be processed very soon.

From this point on, it's business as usual folks! 

Archived