Does anyone find this annoying? in one place it tells me I have 15 images not on sale, and yet in the dashboard it says 34

Also, I now caption and add enough tags in LR so that when it passes QC they immediately go on sale, yet they don't, we have to wait for a database update.

Hope you can see the image?

https://goo.gl/photos/Xh1qxxECA3fqDKrTA

Just discovered the same thing, had 3 batches pass QC in less than 24 hours, my first with the new AM and found it all worked ok. finished tagging them all 7-8pm last night, logged on just now, lunch 11:55 and they aren't on sale. Although if I click on the "28 images not on sale", they aren't in the discoverability tag of not being on sale.

As you suggested must be waiting foe a database update.

It might be worth pointing out that some agencies can take up to three months to get images loaded onto their website.  Taken in this context, two or three days doesn't seem a cause for concern.

• Upvote 3

It might be worth pointing out that some agencies can take up to three months to get images loaded onto their website.  Taken in this context, two or three days doesn't seem a cause for concern.

Its not the fact that I have to wait, I'm fine with that. Once the images pass QC its tell me they are 'on sale' when in fact they're not

Surely it should be labeled 'waiting for database update' :D

Edited by LawrensonPhoto
  • Upvote 1

Its not the fact that I have to wait, I'm fine with that. Once the images pass QC its tell me they are 'on sale' when in fact they're not

It was easier to understand when the old Manage Images marked them "Ready" and smaller print stated they'd be available with the next system update. The new "On Sale" in AIM does imply they're available to clients, which they aren't.

BTW I haven't noticed a system update in several days. Images that indicated they were "on sale" (or ready)  on the 19th still haven't become available.

• Upvote 1

It was easier to understand when the old Manage Images marked them "Ready" and smaller print stated they'd be available with the next system update. The new "On Sale" in AIM does imply they're available to clients, which they aren't.

BTW I haven't noticed a system update in several days. Images that indicated they were "on sale" (or ready)  on the 19th still haven't become available.

Same here... may be it's just a glitch. Hope it get sorted soon.

I have 70 images that passed QC, was keyworded and optimised and added to my total number of images that increased to 6283. It was done on Tuesday. But when I open my port, clicking, say, on the number of images to the left of this text, I see just all my port minus those 70 new images. They are not on sale in realily. (

Edited by Broken Pixel

I have 70 images that passed QC, was keyworded and optimised and added to my total number of images that increased to 6283. It was done on Tuesday. But when I open my port, clicking, say, on the number of images to the left of this text, I see just all my port minus those 70 new images. They are not on sale in realily. (

Same here. Had 52 all finished up yesterday but although in my numbers, not on sale. Patience is a virtue I'm told

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan

I suspect this is due to some kind of caching Alamy's website does to improve speed (if your website features millions of archived images this is something you really need to make it working reasonably fast). Yet, there are situations in which such technical delay is somewhat detrimental. I was contacted by an US-based publisher yesterday asking me about using one of my photos, she found on the art magazine I am directing and taking pictures for (www.inexhibit.com), I am usully selling my photographs through Alamy exclusively, therefore i upload that specific picture as quick as I could, keyworded as soon as it has been approved (within few hours, thanks Alamy QC!), and get it "on sale" in less than 24 hours. Really nice, I thought, now I can  reply to that publisher and provide her the link to buy that picture on Alamy! 
Unfortunately, though theoretically "on sale" and marked as such, that specific picture is not actually avaliable on Alamy for buying, so far. Failing to quickly provide a buying opportunity is, possibly, a missed sale and lost revenue both for me and Alamy. Quite annoying, considering that it is arguably solely due to a website's caching software latency, indeed.

Edited by riccarbi

^umm, confused. How have you lost a sale when a publisher contacted you directly? Forgive me, but wouldn't it make more sense to deal with this directly yourself?! 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, losdemas said:

^umm, confused. How have you lost a sale when a publisher contacted you directly? Forgive me, but wouldn't it make more sense to deal with this directly yourself?! 

No, because I ticked (as I always do) the checkbox "only available on Alamy". Of course, I can unckeck it and sell the image by myself, but this doesn't seem too serious to me.
To sell all my photos online only through Alamy is somewhat stategical for me. Selling photos is not my primary source of income; therefore, I prefer to establish a reliable and predictable business relationship with a single commercial service, at the risk of losing some revenue, than chasing any possible chance to sell my photo my myself (with all related obligations, including invoicing, getting payments, compiling overseas VAT documents if required, and so on).

Its easy...add tags(keywords) to your image for more discoverability, at least 50 new tags or a minimum of 42 tags then choose 10 supertags...and booom...your image is on sale

On 2/22/2017 at 13:15, LawrensonPhoto said:

Does anyone find this annoying? in one place it tells me I have 15 images not on sale, and yet in the dashboard it says 34

Also, I now caption and add enough tags in LR so that when it passes QC they immediately go on sale, yet they don't, we have to wait for a database update.

Hope you can see the image?

https://goo.gl/photos/Xh1qxxECA3fqDKrTA

Its easy...add tags(keywords) to your image for more discoverability, at least 50 new tags or a minimum of 42 tags then choose 10 supertags...and booom...your image is on sale

5 hours ago, Wambua said:

Read the thread properly :huh:

I seem to be in a similar situation,  I only have 177 images on sale, but if I type my name in Alamy images for sale only 134 appear, it has been like that for at least two months, and the ones with high discoverability do not show up... Is it something I'm doing wrong ? 

Anyway Happy 2018 to you all. 

Kelv, try logging out and then back in to the forum And do a search specific to a few of what you think are missing

• Upvote 1

On 30/12/2017 at 15:22, Robert M Estall said:

Kelv, try logging out and then back in to the forum And do a search specific to a few of what you think are missing

Robert, I've tried that still the same.. must be me doing something wrong somewhere, thank you though.

I've just re tried, and they have appeared... now I'd better take some images, haven't sold anything yet :0

Edited by Kelv

Kelv, I've just looked at your port by clicking in the 177 in your post. I counted a total of 177 images, so they're all there and on sale.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Russell said:

Kelv, I've just looked at your port by clicking in the 177 in your post. I counted a total of 177 images, so they're all there and on sale.

Russell, Thank you for checking, I followed Robert's advice and all good.