views figures (inc for all of Alamy) way down on Monday?

It feels like the more things Alamy try to fix or improve, the more things stop working.

I worry what the software code behind the scenes is like, and fear it might be becoming close to unmaintainable (been there got the T shirt - it's not a nice place to be). Is it time to take a deep breath stand back and get some help?

• Upvote 1

Even with my pathetic numbers and port, views are down and zooms are non-existent. Mind you, this hasn't put me off, just made me more determined!

I don't think 760 images is the least bit pathetic - but then I would say that, wouldn't I. It's often said that you need a large collection of images before you can draw any meaningful conclusions from the stats but in my experience, you can get a fair idea of what's happening. My views and zooms are down 50% on a year ago and after a brilliant December with 12 sales, and an average January with 5 sales, the position this month, at 2 sales so far, doesn't look promising.

Even with my pathetic numbers and port, views are down and zooms are non-existent. Mind you, this hasn't put me off, just made me more determined!

I don't think 760 images is the least bit pathetic - but then I would say that, wouldn't I. It's often said that you need a large collection of images before you can draw any meaningful conclusions from the stats but in my experience, you can get a fair idea of what's happening. My views and zooms are down 50% on a year ago and after a brilliant December with 12 sales, and an average January with 5 sales, the position this month, at 2 sales so far, doesn't look promising.

Very good figures for 717 images Peter!

Manage Images and the search engine are clearly not working as they should be but sales so far in Feb. seem less affected by all this mess - but they tend to reflect what happened about 2-4 months before...

Kumar (the Doc one)

• Upvote 1

Email from MS:

The search engine updates over the last couple of days have been delayed due to technical issues. The team are looking into a fix for this and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

Very good figures for 717 images Peter!

Manage Images and the search engine are clearly not working as they should be but sales so far in Feb. seem less affected by all this mess - but they tend to reflect what happened about 2-4 months before...

Kumar (the Doc one)

Thank you Kumar - but I really must get my act together and upload a few more. As my school reports used to say "Could try harder."

Email from MS:

The search engine updates over the last couple of days have been delayed due to technical issues. The team are looking into a fix for this and hopefully the issue will be resolved soon.

Odd that they don't post this sort of info in a more proactive way on this forum and via social media as other organisations (e.g. website hosts) do. Or if they do, I've missed it and apologise.

Email from MS:

Odd that they don't post this sort of info in a more proactive way on this forum and via social media as other organisations (e.g. website hosts) do. Or if they do, I've missed it and apologise.

They don't, and have always said that they don't, post more than occasionally. Although the current complete blackout is pretty unusual- just about the only Alamy post for weeks has been to shut down a Stockimo thread.

Edited by spacecadet

Email from MS:

They don't, and have always said that they don't, post more than occasionally. Although the current complete blackout is pretty unusual- just about the only Alamy post for weeks has been to shut down a Stockimo thread.

Yes, appreciate that. Just think it's an odd approach in this day and age. I can understand Alamy can't respond to every issue raised on a forum, I wouldn't ask for that. Just think they, as well as, us would benefit from providing early 'heads-up' with service issues. 

Looks like Alamy have now corrected the views/zooms information for Monday, and also Tuesday 21/2 looks OK, but then nothing for Wednesday so they are still playing catch-up

Kumar

• Upvote 1

I also notice that the search engine has been updated much quicker today. Images that I keyworded later yesterday are already on sale whereas recently, I have been waiting until much later in the day for them to be on sale on alamy.com

My goodness, your figures for such a small port are very impressive. I'd give my right arm for that number of sales!

My goodness, your figures for such a small port are very impressive. I'd give my right arm for that number of sales!

I still think it's possible to make reasonable sales with a small portfolio but there's no doubt it's getting harder as the pool of images continues to grow. When I started here, Alamy only had 4.6 million pics so there was a greater chance for your images to be seen. My tactic has always been to upload no similars and not do portrait and landscape versions of shots. I think It's a throwback to all the commercial studio work I've done over the last 35 years where I would put all my energy into producing just one shot for the client. I'm sure it has lost me sales on Alamy but on the other hand, it has probably helped to keep my images from dropping out of sight.