views figures (inc for all of Alamy) way down on Monday?

Hopefully it's a bug, but my latest view figures (Mon) are way down on what they usually are - enough to prompt me to check the figures for all of Alamy on the same day, and they seem to be down by a similar proportion.

Hopefully a bug in the system, or maybe something has been changed???

Edited by kay

Yes from me too. Views and zooms seem to have found a black hole at the moment!

Jim. ;)

+1

It's all horrible this month = 1 × sale (Ok fee though)

Things can only get better

I know I have few images but is this normal?

https://goo.gl/photos/sjbMKn68jEPeuS1s8

With a small portfolio it's impossible  to judge accurately. However, I'm used to seeing my number of view in a month be a close match to the number of images I have in my portfolio - for me that ratio has been consistent for several years. The Alamy average for zooms is about 1 per 200 views.  On that basis 248 views in a month on 218 images is not bad and, if you are lucky you might get the odd zoom or so on that number of views. 

All in all, you are probably not to far out of kilter from normal expectations.

That aid, these are far from normal times, so even harder to judge than usual.

Keep shooting and keywording good stuff and don't worry too much about the figures for now.

Edit to add: You have quite a lot of similars in your collection, so the effective number of photos/subjects is lower than the number of images. This will likely increase the number of views you get (returning multiple similar images for a given search) but probably reduce the proportion of zooms you get(your CTR).

Edited by Joseph Clemson

Same here

Interestingly Measures says its been updated today (22/2) but there is no info for yesterday...

Kumar (the Doc one)

I just noticed the same. There's a lot not working lately.

Cheers,

Philippe

Yes.. i think the bigger picture is that views/zooms have changed because of the search engine. But the more immediate picture which I think the OP and I were commenting on is that is that metrics have been fundamentally out of whack since the weekend. Clicking on 'yesterday' and looking for yesterday's views hasn't worked for me so far this week. Instead, I have had to use the date range selection and select a start range starting 2 days ago. And when i did that today, it showed just 14 views for me which means I've been very unlucky for that day or another very big change has been made or the system is a bit more broken than usual recently.

Edited by Matt Ashmore

On "All of Alamy" there are usually 900/1000 pages of results, on Monday (20th) it shows just 114 pages, so something must be different or not working for there to be such a sudden drop

Same here

Interestingly Measures says its been updated today (22/2) but there is no info for yesterday...

Kumar (the Doc one)

I just noticed the same. There's a lot not working lately.

Cheers,

Philippe

Yes.. i think the bigger picture is that views/zooms have changed because of the search engine. But the more immediate picture which I think the OP and I were commenting on is that is that metrics have been fundamentally out of whack since the weekend. Clicking on 'yesterday' and looking for yesterday's views hasn't worked for me so far this week. Instead, I have had to use the date range selection and select a start range starting 2 days ago. And when i did that today, it showed just 14 views for me which means I've been very unlucky for that day or another very big change has been made or the system is a bit more broken than usual recently.

Strangely I have exactly 14 views for my main pseudo for Monday too. The report didn't come through until today though.

If you go back in Pseudonym Summary one or two weeks, you'll see that numbers of views have sometimes changed quite a bit. I am keeping a record of my views per day after the 12/5 changes. When I saw, what I thought was a typo, I decided to check the week before as well. In the end I had to re-visit all weeks.

wim

Perhaps they are now working on how they process new images, edits and customer activity data. So far it has all been batch-processed, becoming live some time the next day, but with images approaching 100 million that is probably becoming difficult to sustain. 

Still no database update since the beginning of the weekend.  Changes to tags do not show up in search results.  With the drastic drop in views/zooms/sales I have to wonder what on earth is going on with Alamy.

Crickets...

Indeed, Reimar, same here.

I am getting very disillusioned. It just all seems to be utter chaos at the moment. Then add on top silly licence fees and the fact they have just kicked out two of my infringements after 18 months of inactivity with no explanation, for the first time I am seriously wondering why I am bothering.

• Upvote 3

I have a nuber of recently keyworded images which simply do not appear, even in the most specific search.

Still, not to worry, they'll fix it overnight and tomorrow we'll find a dozen sales that we were not expecting! :D

Perhaps they are now working on how they process new images, edits and customer activity data. So far it has all been batch-processed, becoming live some time the next day, but with images approaching 100 million that is probably becoming difficult to sustain. 

Yes, I'd say that all this tumult is probably a good sign. Hopefully, it means that the elves are busily fixing things behind the scenes.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I'd say that all this tumult is probably a good sign. Hopefully, it means that the elves are busily fixing things behind the scenes.

I tend to like to subscribe to the same sort of positive thinking. It would be great if images truly did go on sale immediately.

I tend to like to subscribe to the same sort of positive thinking. It would be great if images truly did go on sale immediately.

True, but frankly, in my case anyway, there's no big rush. B)

I have a nuber of recently keyworded images which simply do not appear, even in the most specific search.

Still, not to worry, they'll fix it overnight and tomorrow we'll find a dozen sales that we were not expecting! :D

I wish.