There was a database update over the weekend.

I changed some keywords on Friday and they had updated by Sunday morning.

The Alamy Measures database hasn't updated for ages. The last days I can get views figures for are all pre-February 22nd.

Ditto here.

And again, ditto here but yet I've had my weekend uploads QC result (thankfully a pass) email at 08:20 this morning and the dashboard is showing as updated today (though measures are 22nd). QC doesn't normally come through until Tuesday pm for weekend uploads and dashboard later in the day. Hopefully the whole system will soon regularly work at that speed.

Maybe I've been asleep, but the total number of images on Alamy appears to have risen dramatically, to 90 million plus.

Is this due to mergers, takeovers, or cooperative deals with other agencies, or a flood of new contributors? Whatever the reason, it must impact on the sales from individual portfolios. 

Feb has been relatively poor for me, but this business is full of ups and downs. I only hope it's not the start of a trend....

Maybe I've been asleep, but the total number of images on Alamy appears to have risen dramatically, to 90 million plus.

Is this due to mergers, takeovers, or cooperative deals with other agencies, or a flood of new contributors? Whatever the reason, it must impact on the sales from individual portfolios. 

Feb has been relatively poor for me, but this business is full of ups and downs. I only hope it's not the start of a trend....

Growth in the Alamy library has been growing exponentially for at least a year, driven by their active recruitment of new contributors from microstock agencies and through Stockimo (oops, I'm not allowed to mention the S******* word). 

The liberal changes of the licence types may have opened the sluices for countless of images from mostly microstock agencies (may even have been a reason for the changes). . Way too liberal changes,  in my opinion, one doesn't really know the course to take, and still take care of oneself.

Slow month? More like Alamy has actually stopped. Has it? No sales, no updates, no money clearing, no questions answered, are infringements chased?

Yes, the reasonable number of sales stopped suddenly again, no updates, and worst of all, the usual clearing of funds doesn't turn up. This may be the first month for ages and ages without pay.

No sales for me yet either.

Over the last 10 years March has been the best performing month and last year I sold 18, which is my second best ever month of sales.

I know it's only the 7th., but I would have expected some sales by now.

John.

Sorry to be the bearer of good news, but five sales so far in March, however, all low double figures - and one refund (mercifully also peanuts)!

You're forgiven (just this once, though). March has gotten off to a positive start for me too, with a PU sale plus a pair of $180 book sales.

Back to grumpiness... B)

2 sale for march, tend to have a much better view after two weeks in the month, a big increase in zooms (for my standards) gives me hope.

Edit: one more sale came in just now :)

Looks like I just used some magic incantation or my moaning started working back again :P

Three sales in last two days, the highest for $175. Finally the gate is opened! :D

Arletta, I think i've done the same as you by moaning! My first sale this month popped in yesterday, and at $84 it's not too bad.

Lets hope it's opened the floodgates!

John.

Looks like I just used some magic incantation or my moaning started working back again :P

Three sales in last two days, the highest for $175. Finally the gate is opened! :D

Arletta, since you are obviously good at this, could you please offer some whinging and moaning on my behalf while you are at it? My own whinging has produced no results at all. Had I done a rain-dance however, I would be trumpeting my success.  :)

I agree that March has been very slow as far as sales are concerned - way down on the usual with only 3 sales so far - though one of those is for $185 which is at least better than average.  Zooms however, have been good (34 in March) and CTR is sky high at 0.99 - so maybe some of that will translate in the flurry of sales we are all hoping for!

Joseph, to be good at this you must be Polish (they say so) or at least visit Poland! ;)

Lol Arletta - as the daughter of Polish parents (but born in the UK) I am wholeheartedly with you!  I have noticed that Poles do seem to be very good photographers, especially in my main field of landscapes! 

I think sales are slow for everybody now. Those of us with good ratings who have supplied alamy with regular shots over the past ten years or so are now finding with 90million images to compete with that our shots are not showing up as before in first few search pages and so are not selling as they are not chosen. The ranking system seems to have changed, and there is little enthusiasm in the prices that images are sold for to get out and shoot more. I find it the same with other agencies. We have been wiped out by oversupply.

Archived