On 10/7/2017 at 20:11, JeffGreenberg said:

Some of your color images.

Nice processing.

What I aspire to, but not quite getting there.

If willing to say, Clarity +20 / Vibrance +30...?

Am sure there's a lot more to it than that, but...

A lot of tweaking of many parameters in Lightroom. I tend not to go too heavy on clarity. Just practice (watch some Youtube tutorials) as I am still learning. Having said that I am still getting no sales.

October is shaping up to possibly being my best month ever, with half to go.  That’s following a poor September. A few healthy $$ totals, one being $250. That one being a RM that had never licensed that I changed to RF a few months back. Two RF licenses this month.

Happy.. hoping I’m not jinxing it.

Betty

51 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

October is shaping up to possibly being my best month ever, with half to go.  That’s following a poor September. A few healthy $$ totals, one being $250. That one being a RM that had never licensed that I changed to RF a few months back. Two RF licenses this month.

Betty

This will make you feel even better Betty.  I have had 8 sales so far this month and your ONE $250 sale is more than my 8 combined!!  

16 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

This will make you feel even better Betty.  I have had 8 sales so far this month and your ONE $250 sale is more than my 8 combined!!  

Michael, I had a month like that in August. Decent sales volume, low values.  I feel for you. 

This is a crazy business.

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

Ah, so that's where all of the October sales have been going! There's only so many to go around and you may have cornered the market, at least that's what I am telling myself ;)

Pretty grim up north I'll tell you.....

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Ah, so that's where all of the October sales have been going! There's only so many to go around and you may have cornered the market, at least that's what I am telling myself ;)

Pretty grim up north I'll tell you.....

Not so pretty down south! :unsure:

3 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Betty

That's interesting to hear. None of the RM images that I've changed to RF have ever licensed or even been zoomed. Still waiting for my first RF sale on Alamy.

35 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Not so pretty down south! :unsure:

Not too bad way out west. I seem to be headed for an average or better month with seven sales so far.

Zooms are a bit sparse, though, as noted in another thread.

What happened to the "last ten minutes" thread? B)

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

That's interesting to hear. None of the RM images that I've changed to RF have ever licensed or even been zoomed. Still waiting for my first RF sale on Alamy.

The RF license is the highest value one. 

1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Congratulations. Still waiting for the RF fairy to show up.

John, I think I changed a decent number of mine to RF a fair amount of time before you did, if I remember your posts correctly. You were still hanging tight with RM.  I did it shortly after the new AIM and it seems possibly you waited a few months.

Maybe it takes awhile.  Then, I.D imagine if you don’t change a decent percent to RF, it’s like the proverbial drop in the bucket and of course not a lot will happen. 

I didn’t just change the older, lower tier (dogs) of images to RF,  but some later ones I believe are just as good as the RM ones. 

Betty

just checked numbers...1263 are RF including some I processed yesterday. What is that, between 20-25%? So I might expect to license 2 RF out of 10? Right now, I’m 2 out of 8.

of course that may be skewed because the subjects I sell the most of need to be RM. Anyway, at the moment I’m not doing RF editorial because those particular images I could see being relicensed. 

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

John, I think I changed a decent number of mine to RF a fair amount of time before you did, if I remember your posts correctly. You were still hanging tight with RM.  I did it shortly after the new AIM and it seems possibly you waited a few months.

Maybe it takes awhile.  Then, I.D imagine if you don’t change a decent percent to RF, it’s like the proverbial drop in the bucket and of course not a lot will happen. 

I didn’t just change the older, lower tier (dogs) of images to RF,  but some later ones I believe are just as good as the RM ones. 

Betty

just checked numbers...1263 are RF including some I processed yesterday. What is that, between 20-25%? So I might expect to license 2 RF out of 10? Right now, I’m 2 out of 8.

of course that may be skewed because the subjects I sell the most of need to be RM. Anyway, at the moment I’m not doing RF editorial because those particular images I could see being relicensed. 

I currently have only 323 RF images, so not even a drop in the rain barrel. Shall keep adding the occasional one as I go along. Glad to hear that you're having some success with your RF images.

October for me is outstanding when compared with September: three sales for two hundred thirty dollar gross. That is three times the number of sales and more than seventy six times more money than the entire last month.

Absolutely dead. The sales lull continues. Highest priced sale here this year £25.15 Total earnings this year $139. Total at a microstock site this year over $2000. And I am told that the money is better here. Sadly I think I will have to start uploading my exclusive to Alamy editorial images (that also sell on microstock) outside here.

Total at a microstock site this year over $2000. And I am told that the money is better here. Sadly I think I will have to start uploading my exclusive to Alamy editorial images (that also sell on microstock) outside here.

You have quite a few graffiti editorials. One such large Microstock agency doesn't allow any shots of graffiti, even as editorials.

Keep the faith with Alamy a bit longer. :)

7 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Funny definition of 'exclusive '! :huh:

They are exclusive for now on Alamy but I may have to change that if I decide to sell them outside here too. Sorry, I could have worded it better.

No complaints here. This month has already surpassed my best ever for volume and we're only half way through. A few more sales and this will become my best year ever for volume and revenue. 

No complaints here either. Good October month, best year ever for volume since 2003, 2nd year ever for revenue.

And still 2 1/2 months to go!

Thank you Alamy.

Gen

• 1 month later...

I know this thread has become tedious -- even ridiculous -- but it seems that whenever I post something  here, sales start magically trickling in shortly after. 

Only five sales so far in November and nothing since the 14th. Zooms not so hot either. Definitely a slow month for me.

52 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I know this thread has become tedious -- even ridiculous -- but it seems that whenever I post something  here, sales start magically tricking in shortly after. 

Only five sales so far in November and nothing since the 14th. Zooms not so hot either. Definitely a slow month for me.

So I’ll post here on that premise. 4 for me, but average $$ over $100 each.

2 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

So I’ll post here on that premise. 4 for me, but average $$ over $100 each.

Wish I could say the same. Good for you.

BTW, that should have been "trickling in" not "tricking in" -- Freudian slip on my part, I guess.

Archived