Totally in agreement Ed. The attitude at times is weird. You get one extreme or the other. 

And hot. It's boiling here these last few days. Yesterday, I went off to the city of Nancy. I had to pass through Paris on my way home. When I got off the train in Paris the temperature was incredible. I "think" it was about 35°c yesterday.

Oh, and on the landmarks case. Absolutely! I think too often I have seen on here that someone says "don't go do that as it's been done to death". Rubbish. Everyone has a different eye and perspective on things so get out there. And of course, things to do change over time so images need to be updated.

I had two very helpful emails from Alamy MS on this but, saddo that I am, I cannot copy/paste onto the forum, it appears. If I can find a way MS are very happy for me to do this.

(Jools, stop telling me off!).

:)

Nick, I'm sending you a mail with an offer.

Nick, nice talkin to ya - glad you have other outlets for your creativity. The last few months here have been very dry on sales; i find if i don't upload i don't get sales reports or $; kind of a curiosity? They probably think i died or something.

I do also run a successful photography business, courses, workshops, commissions etc

Are you not concerned that repeatedly discussing your lack of success with Alamy on a public forum might be detrimental to your other business activities? Having read about your lack of Alamy sales and past struggles to get through QC, I would need quite a lot of persuading to commission work from you or pay to attend one of your workshops.

Sorry to be so blunt.

Blunt = blunt. I have no issue getting commissions and have not, in 11 years, had to cancel one single workshop. Alamy forum readers/contributors do not form part of my customer base, any more than I would expect them to. QC Past struggles are just that, PAST.
Also, having re-read my opening post, my issue is not around the quality of my work (otherwise it would not be on Alamy) - rather it is around my asking colleagues about my selling techniques (keywords, use of pseudonyms, subject matter etc). I am not clear on how these have a bearing on customers dumping or not accepting me.

Blunt = blunt. I have no issue getting commissions and have not, in 11 years, had to cancel one single workshop. Alamy forum readers/contributors do not form part of my customer base, any more than I would expect them to. QC Past struggles are just that, PAST.

Also, having re-read my opening post, my issue is not around the quality of my work (otherwise it would not be on Alamy) - rather it is around my asking colleagues about my selling techniques (keywords, use of pseudonyms, subject matter etc). I am not clear on how these have a bearing on customers dumping or not accepting me.

Fair enough. It's none of my business anyway. Apologies if I've caused any offence

I have not seen any crossroads only B roads, A roads, dual carriageways, motorways,highways and Jet streams.

Me, I am in a lay-by on a B road and Jeff G is clearly on a jet stream.

Regards

Craig

+1

OK all, I have read all your comments and now have a coherent plan. In summary, I will not be contributing to fotoLibra (it doesn't work); I will be varying and adding a lot more here when the opportunity presents itself or is made, and I have applied to join a travel library - let's see how that lot goes. Crossroads crossed - light green.

Thanks for all your inputs.

nj

I have not seen any crossroads only B roads, A roads, dual carriageways, motorways,highways and Jet streams.

Me, I am in a lay-by on a B road and Jeff G is clearly on a jet stream.

Regards

Craig

I have a feeling that I'm on the "road less traveled by."

Archived