discoverability.....sos...sos..

I have been having a little play around in the Mandatory & Optional sections and the secret to discoverability can be found there, adding just a couple of tags or marking as super tags in the M section you will see your orange bar slowly creeping up, if that does not get you into the green go to the O section and in the Primary/Secondary Categories highlight a subject that describes your image. you should now be green for go.

I can see the dust flying now as you all race off to Image Manager.

Have fun.

Liam 

go to the O section and in the Primary/Secondary Categories highlight a subject that describes your image

Except the categories are a bit flaky and I've found that mine sometimes fit into News and Reportage, but often not a second. Lifestyle, perhaps - but that's a stretch. We might not be penalised at the moment but let's see what effect these categories have in the future.

Also, a picture can be optimized without the second category being completed. The weighting is ultimately in the 50 tags and 10 Supers.

I have been having a little play around in the Mandatory & Optional sections and the secret to discoverability can be found there, adding just a couple of tags or marking as super tags in the M section you will see your orange bar slowly creeping up, if that does not get you into the green go to the O section and in the Primary/Secondary Categories highlight a subject that describes your image. you should now be green for go.

Have fun.

Liam 

I see no difference when I up my supertags to 10, nor if I add categories - the orange bar sticks in the middle. The only difference is if I have near to 50 keywords; and when I've been joining keywords into phrases, which the system had split, my bar goes down to orange/halfway again.

The video is available on the Help button of the new IM. The manual/userguide http://www.alamy.com/myupload/help/AIM-InstructionManual.pdf.

I too joined the ranks of recruits to the new IM today. My problem is that I don't have the Filter or Search Buttons which are meant to be at the top of the central panel. Anyone else have this problem?

Thank you very much for the link Russell! - it was helpful and answered my questions

go to the O section and in the Primary/Secondary Categories highlight a subject that describes your image

Except the categories are a bit flaky and I've found that mine sometimes fit into News and Reportage, but often not a second. Lifestyle, perhaps - but that's a stretch. We might not be penalised at the moment but let's see what effect these categories have in the future.

Also, a picture can be optimized without the second category being completed. The weighting is ultimately in the 50 tags and 10 Supers.

It would be good to have some info from Alamy re the various categories as they are a bit vague and I can't find a natural fit most of the time. I struggled with another unnamed agency (and gave up in the end) for not being able to get my photos into their required categories.

Have fun.

Liam 

I see no difference when I up my supertags to 10, nor if I add categories - the orange bar sticks in the middle. The only difference is if I have near to 50 keywords; and when I've been joining keywords into phrases, which the system had split, my bar goes down to orange/halfway again.

Very near 50. I've tested it- 5 tags and caption to move to orange; 48 (yes, 48!) to move to green.

OK, so my one (so far) test file mentioned elsewhere is discouraging.

I had a keyword phrase in the new system which had split into individual words when the system changed.

At that point, the image was #6 out of 603.

I put the individual words (the name of the location) into one supertag. (It's also in the caption).

The next day, it was in postion #7, two days later it was #42 and today it's #48, always for that one search.

Today I remembered to tick 'only available from Alamy', because it is. You'd think that that might be a reasonable reason to 'boost' a file a bit.

However, I only have 14 keywords, but I honestly feel any more on this pic would be spam. Of course if I were playing i-spy with the picture, I could find lots more words, but not relevant in a search, IMO.

Still, it's #1 out of 106 for one of its other supertags, which I didn't check before; I have no idea what conclusion to take from this as to whether it's worth going through all of my files at this point. I think I've done around 150 or 200 ish.

Archived