Sign in to follow this  
Orange Elephant

Film camera QC?

Stockimo is supposed to be ONLY for images taken with a phone though I certainly have seen images that are obviously "cheating".

Paulette

Stockimo is supposed to be ONLY for images taken with a phone though I certainly have seen images that are obviously "cheating".

Paulette

I can't say that I have noticed any "cheating", but it would be trivially easy to do it, so I guess some people must have done it.  I'm no genius, so if I can think of a way to do it, I'm sure others can.

Paulette

I can't say that I have noticed any "cheating", but it would be trivially easy to do it, so I guess some people must have done it.  I'm no genius, so if I can think of a way to do it, I'm sure others can.

Several times, I've received email asking photographers to remove non-phone images,  before they remove the images for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they now check metadata.

Paulette

I can't say that I have noticed any "cheating", but it would be trivially easy to do it, so I guess some people must have done it. I'm no genius, so if I can think of a way to do it, I'm sure others can.

Several times, I've received email asking photographers to remove non-phone images, before they remove the images for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they now check metadata.

Taking a photo from a camera and uploading it by phone is one way of trying to 'cheat' Stockimo. But there's a foolproof way.

Thank you for raising this topic, I have some Kodachrome 64 slides recently scanned and I was wondering about the quality control, as I've had to remove some dust. 

You're welcome, but bear in mind that my slides are purposefully grainy, using expired or cross-processed film.

You're welcome, but bear in mind that my slides are purposefully grainy, using expired or cross-processed film.

And by the way I love the Lighthouse image.

And by the way I love the Lighthouse image.

Thank you. :)