Views & CTR of the past months

+1 John

Some of my images needed more than the old 50 character limit of the essentials box. With 10 supertabs, that can also individually contain phrases, the old essential keyword box has been expanded.

I'm confused, as usual, has this already happened -- i.e. the essentials box has now been expanded and "super tags" have been implemented? I'm currently keywording some new images and don't see any obvious changes.

I'm scheduled to have hip surgery later this year, which means I'll be sitting around the house for a couple of months. Looks as if I'll have plenty of re-keywording to keep me busy.

I'm confused, as usual, has this already happened -- i.e. the essentials box has now been expanded and "super tags" have been implemented?

No, not yet......for most contributors

Beta testers have access to the new system.....no indication yet as to  when the new Image Manager will be rolled out to everyone

km

I'm confused, as usual, has this already happened -- i.e. the essentials box has now been expanded and "super tags" have been implemented?

No, not yet......for most contributors

Beta testers have access to the new system.....no indication yet as to  when the new Image Manager will be rolled out to everyone

km

Thanks. I now remember that being mentioned in another thread.

In the process of deleting similar images. Thx for the advice!

Hi Michael

I think it's a good idea to delete moste of those very similar images. 

Please forgive me my curiousness, but why did you add so many virtually identical images in the first place? I understand that someone might be tempted to add too many similars, but why identical images?

No offense intended. We see and discuss excessive similars from time to time in the forum, but now for the first time the person who did it is actually participating in the thread (and listening to advice :)  )

Christoph

Christophe,

Thanks for your input.

No reason really, didn't think it through...

Already deleted some 400 pictures and will delete some more...

Michael

Good for you, Michael.

Some people upload many similars to drive up the image count, erroneously believing numbers =sales, when that's not the case.

Yes, a large portfolio of tightly edited various stock-worthy images helps immensely. But I'd rather have 2,000 images tightly edited than 5,000 images with 6-10 similars of every subject.

Geoff S has proven that concept since he's been brutal with the delete button and since has seen a remarkable increase in sales.

Keep on keeping on, you'll be happy you did.

In preparation for the new search engine, I just deleted 633 images from my portfolio of 13090 images. They were not so much similar images but were subject matter and locations that I had later photographed better. Some were scans from 35mm film, that I felt were no longer competitive on a technical level.

The idea is to get fewer views of weak material that is unlikely to sell.

How much time does it take for the photos to be deleted from the library? Deleted some last week and over the week-end, but it seems they are still available?

Thanks in advance...

I found this in the instructions for the new Alamy Image Manager;

5. Use this option to delete any selected images. Images that are marked for deletion remain searchable for 90 days and then are not searchable but are still available for purchase for a further 90 days 

Archived