How many did you upload?

3,312. Phew!

Filling Australian gaps. And it's working! I would say roughly 90% of my 2016 sales are from those.

oh do tell - where are these gaps!!

Location gaps. I've done a Big Lap last year, so covered all states.

I just reviewed my Australian sales and the diversity is amazing: Outback, salt pans, scenic coastline, islands, small villages, wildlife. Even several spiders sold, one of them to National Geographic!

well done - good to see some rewards and of course you have the memories too

3,312. Phew!

Filling Australian gaps. And it's working! I would say roughly 90% of my 2016 sales are from those.

oh do tell - where are these gaps!!

Ya think she's going to hand over her hard work and research? NOT! :D

It's just a matter of looking at her portfolio :-) Genevieve has done a great job at finding places far from normal striking distance from the major cities - places that would be uneconomical to reach if the purpose was only to photograph for stock, given the cost of transport, car hire etc in Australia. 

It's just a matter of looking at her portfolio :-) Genevieve has done a great job at finding places far from normal striking distance from the major cities - places that would be uneconomical to reach if the purpose was only to photograph for stock, given the cost of transport, car hire etc in Australia. 

Spot on David! I wasn't really trying to be secretive, it's just that there are too many places to mention and as you say, it's easy to click on those blue numbers. 

The problem in Australia is distances. As you say, going anywhere away from big towns is expensive. Although I am lucky enough to have my own campervan, my sales will only cover a tiny fraction of the trip cost, perhaps the expenses of fixing the aircon on the van when it failed in 45C temperatures?

I'll give you one example. The Pink Roadhouse in South Australia is an iconic landmark. It's a little piece of civilization after hundred kms on the Oodnadatta dirt track. Total on Alamy? 27 including 2 of mine. Sold for $210 (cover of CDs).

pink-roadhouse-oodnadatta-south-australi

Spot on David! I wasn't really trying to be secretive, it's just that there are too many places to mention and as you say, it's easy to click on those blue numbers. 

The problem in Australia is distances. As you say, going anywhere away from big towns is expensive. Although I am lucky enough to have my own campervan, my sales will only cover a tiny fraction of the trip cost, perhaps the expenses of fixing the aircon on the van when it failed in 45C temperatures?

I'll give you one example. The Pink Roadhouse in South Australia is an iconic landmark. It's a little piece of civilization after hundred kms on the Oodnadatta dirt track. Total on Alamy? 27 including 2 of mine. Sold for $210 (cover of CDs).

I guess it's hard to imagine how remote some of these places are - I think a lot of people don't realise how urbanised the country is, with such a large proportion of our relatively small population living in the major cities. 

You're brave driving the Oodnadatta Track in a campervan! And congratulations on that big sale! 

I guess it's hard to imagine how remote some of these places are - I think a lot of people don't realise how urbanised the country is, with such a large proportion of our relatively small population living in the major cities. 

You're brave driving the Oodnadatta Track in a campervan! And congratulations on that big sale! 

And not a single puncture! However, By the time we reached Coober Pedy, the van was so full of dust that it was not livable. 

So we booked an underground hotel room which, being claustrophobic, was a little unnerving. There were candles on the wall in case of power cut. As Foreign Export said, I have all those memories!

And of course it was an opportunity for an Alamy shot.

underground-hotel-room-desert-cave-hotel

Archived