How was your December 2016

69 sales for Gross of $1650; only one 3 figure sale. Par for the course for this year, but have huge concerns for the future because as of  5/12/16 when the search engine changes came into being my views and zooms have reduced by about 40%, and are now around the same as Dec 2013. This will certainly impact on sales in future months unless something significant happens. I predict my sales figures for Feb/march are more likely to be 40/mth than 70/mth, with income correspondingly down

Agree entirely with what Philippe said earlier

Kumar

"Happy while I still can. Bleak outlook for the future though with the new search engine. Most recent uploaded picture landed on the second last page of search results despite having a good, steady ranking (which used to place my images in the first few pages). Very demotivating and a slap in the face for working your butt off. What's the use of CTR and ranking nowadays ....????  :huh:

Pleasing your customers is one thing. Keeping your regular sellers motivated is another   :mellow: 

Cheers,
Philippe"

Assuming that customers don't go elsewhere does this mean that the sales "lost" by the previously successful sellers will be distributed amongst the rest of us?  What, I wonder, will be the effect on the very big agencies with 100,000 plus images on Alamy. Will they be affected to the same degree and will people like yourself pick up some of their sales?

Regen

will have some common sense and will take good relevant keywording AND ranking into consideration so this "blender" will become again an effective search engine. And maybe Alamy could finally do something about the SEVERE keyword spamming and totally wrong captions. Just my two cents, but that's where the real problem lays ("lays" "lies", what is it?  :blink:).

Cheers,

Philippe

"Lies".

As in sleeping dogs.

"Happy while I still can. Bleak outlook for the future though with the new search engine. Most recent uploaded picture landed on the second last page of search results despite having a good, steady ranking (which used to place my images in the first few pages). Very demotivating and a slap in the face for working your butt off. What's the use of CTR and ranking nowadays ....???? :huh:

Pleasing your customers is one thing. Keeping your regular sellers motivated is another :mellow:

Cheers,

Philippe"

Assuming that customers don't go elsewhere does this mean that the sales "lost" by the previously successful sellers will be distributed amongst the rest of us? What, I wonder, will be the effect on the very big agencies with 100,000 plus images on Alamy. Will they be affected to the same degree and will people like yourself pick up some of their sales?

Regen

Ah, deleted. What's the use :rolleyes: Was good to vent though :D

To give you a quick reply, wait till March-April (sales take approximately three months to clear) when it'll be crystal-clear what the disastrous effect will be on our sales "thanks" to the new "blender" turning the search results into a lottery. Hopefully the new Search Engine Developer will be able to prevent further damage to our views>zooms>sales and will take ranking/CTR back into consideration.

B.t.w.

First Monday after New Year's day 2016: 783 views

First Monday after New Year's day 2017: 196 views :wacko:

Nuff said!

Cheers,

Philippe

But note that yesterday was a holiday, at least in the UK, whereas the first Mon in 2016 wasn't (not defending the new search, just worth mentioning)!

Archived