Keyword Question

Whats the preferred keyword best practices?

Should i include alternate spellings of the same word ie Harbour & Harbor, Colour & Color etc

And plurals, such as boat and boats? If i just use boat for instance will it return in searches for both word, and will images that are keyworded/tagged Boats return higher in the search result?

DD

I also include a few common mis-spellings...

Me to.

Shouldn't that  include 'me too' and possibly 'me two' to cover all the bases.  :)

lol thanks Joseph you maid my day ;)

We all like a good larf. :)

Allan

Add a plural only if there is actually a multitude of the object in the picture.

E.g., a customer searching for 'boats' is not interested in your picture of a single boat. Adding 'boats' to your keywords is inaccurate and will hurt your CTR.

I'm dyslexic. There's no end to my misspellings, common or uncommon.

Ed I'm surprised you are able to spell dislecsik?  Err!  dyslekcik.  Damn!  I mean dyclescik.  Grr!  dyslexic.  Horray! Got there at last! ;)

It would seem I'm with you ED.

Allan

Is there a benchmark for what's considered a good CTR?

You want to ensure that your pix appear in relevant searches... but not in irrelevant searches. That's all about the 'black art' of keywording.

And when your pix appear, you want them to be zoomed, and, if zoomed, subsequently licensed.

That, in a nutshell, is what ranking is about (except that Alamy also has a secret algorith: number of sales? regularity of uploads?? Who knows?)...

Archived