hello!

I am wondering why the current balance needs to be cleared and it takes too long to complete.

Can anyone clarify this or maybe if it is already a topic discussion related on this matter?

Thanks!

Mihai

This is asked constantly, you just have to search the forum or read the contributor help pages.

Your money doesn't clear when the client pays Alamy, but in 45 days of the invoice date (the same date the sale shows up). That's providing the client has actually paid Alamy.

Why 45 days? Well that's often discussed too, and I've never read a fair reason for it but that's the system so we have to accept it.

Geoff.

I haven't noticed these exact 45 days. As I remember some sales are cleared and paid sooner than I would expect - and some take a rather irritating long time.

Edited by Niels Quist

I've mentioned in another thread, I don't see why Alamy can't make a payment of cleared funds at the end of every month, no matter how large or small the amount.

John.

• Upvote 2

The 445 days could be allowing time in case of a refund.  Nothing worse than paying a contributor and then taking the money away after.

Jill

Unfortunately it does sometime seem like we wait 445 days! :)

• Upvote 1