I noticed that the threshold for pay out seems to have reduced to $50, from $75. At least that is what it says on My Alamy this morning.

I'm at $61 and balance of a/c still says not due but MA says "we'll pay you on 1st Dec", so hmmm. I could do with it, things have been slow.

Although MA does pogo about sometimes.

Edited by spacecadet

I'l be happy if has changed - it will mean I should reach the payout threshold before Christmas, rather than after it, as was looking likely to be the case. It makes little difference in the long run but a welcome small bonus just when it's needed.

I preferred the $250 threshold at the time, it was normally only a few sales back then  :(

• Upvote 2

Ha! Took me 22 months to get a cheque payment.

Ha! Took me 22 months to get a cheque payment.

Yeah. Just looked at the old account balances. The first payment took more than half a year, but that was also due to my low number of images and my lack of knowledge about what would sell. It improved quite a bit later on in good periods,The 60% contributor payment also helped.

Edited by Niels Quist

I noticed that the threshold for pay out seems to have reduced to $50, from $75. At least that is what it says on My Alamy this morning.

Yes, same here, and currently I'm sitting on $49 :lol:

Just got the email. It's the first month for a while that it's made any difference, alas.

Edited by spacecadet

Just got a form email from Alamy stating that they are lowering the threshold from $75 to $50.

Yep, mine says $50, too.  Handy as today's sale will take me over the threshold.

I got an email from Alamy confirming the change in payment threshold:

Hello Matthew

We'd like to pay you more frequently so we're changing the minimum payment threshold from $75 to $50. You don't need to do anything, the changes

will take effect from the next pay run.

Get in touch with our Contributor Relations team if you have any questions.

• Upvote 1

No email here but I am sat on about $63 and will be paid on 1st Dec 2016.

Perhaps Alamy were making too much interest on payments in holding account and tax man became interested. ;)

Only joking Alamy.

Allan

• Upvote 2

No Christmas joy for me. I have an unpaid balance of $260 for 5 sales dating back to October and April. :(

Hooray...

Paulette

I wouldn't mind if the minimum was $10. The sooner payments are in my account the better. All the time we are waiting for a payout, Alamy have already got their cut.

$ 50 wicked!! looks like i will get another payment this month then.

The cynical outlook is that with the lowering of the payment threshold to $50 are we to expect even lower sales prices? I wouldn't see that our Alamy would do this to increase their own work load. But then I guess little and often shouldn't be sniffed at!!

Jim. ;)    

Edited by Broad Norfolk
  • Upvote 2

The cynical outlook is that with the lowering of the payment threshold to $50 are we to expect even lower sales prices? I wouldn't see that our Alamy would do this to increase their own work load. But then I guess little and often shouldn't be sniffed at!!

Jim. ;)

I share your cynicism. Historically that has indeed been the case. A lower payment threshold has been the precursor for lower prices.

Welcome news, but I can't see why any cleared payments aren't paid out at the end of every month, no matter how small, especially if payment is via bank transfer which doesn't cost either Alamy or ourselves.

John.

• Upvote 2

I got the e-mail as well. Can't help thinking that it's a refection of lower prices, and an omen of things to come. Welcome news to some, though, I'm sure.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Mine says $58.28, but no mention of payment yet.

On your dashboard where it says"Current Cleared Balance: $58.28" it should also read "We'll pay you on 01 Dec 2016"

Allan

• Upvote 1

Jim. ;)

I share your cynicism. Historically that has indeed been the case. A lower payment threshold has been the precursor for lower prices.

On the positive side it suggests Alamy are quite happy with their cashflow/balance at the moment.

Since I'm 98 cents short of $75 at the moment, happy to see the change moves my next payout to December 1. 

Sorry that it may be a reflection of lower prices, but it could also mean they are carrying more debt with all the new first-time contributors who have joined this year. 

In any event, it works out for me this month so I have to  B)