A huge thanks to my QC person

When I started getting my first cataract, I was suddenly over-sharpening everything. Got fails for over sharpening and couldn't understand why everything I shot was suddenly blurry. Went for new glasses and ended up with 20-20 vision after surgery in that first eye after being at 20-250, so quite the silver lining. Still need reading glasses which are prescription and correct for my astigmatism. I can drive without glasses but wear them at night to help so I don't have to squint at signs and see halos around lights. Dry eyes can still make things look blurry - I have Sjogren's Syndrome which makes mine super dry and sometimes painful - but not as dramatically - and hilariously if we may laugh along with you - as yours Betty. Life really can be tough sometimes, it's great that your sense of humor gets you through! Hope that toe heals up soon - given how hot it's been guessing you may be able to get away with sandals for another month. Otherwise, maybe try some soft canvas sneakers? Good luck! 

When I started getting my first cataract, I was suddenly over-sharpening everything. Got fails for over sharpening and couldn't understand why everything I shot was suddenly blurry. Went for new glasses and ended up with 20-20 vision after surgery in that first eye after being at 20-250, so quite the silver lining. Still need reading glasses which are prescription and correct for my astigmatism. I can drive without glasses but wear them at night to help so I don't have to squint at signs and see halos around lights. Dry eyes can still make things look blurry - I have Sjogren's Syndrome which makes mine super dry and sometimes painful - but not as dramatically - and hilariously if we may laugh along with you - as yours Betty. Life really can be tough sometimes, it's great that your sense of humor gets you through! Hope that toe heals up soon - given how hot it's been guessing you may be able to get away with sandals for another month. Otherwise, maybe try some soft canvas sneakers? Good luck!

Good idea, soft canvas. Or I can pray for an early winter so I can wear my soft, lambs-wool-lined Ugh boots! Or maybe I could buy and wear some fuzzy bunny slippers out shopping and start a new fashion trend.

And yes, it's gotten back in the 90s again after a stretch of cooler weather. Cool front coming Saturday. :)

Betty, my daughter still wears her Uggs as soon as it's back to school time, so I'm guessing you could manage with those once it gets cooler. I have a pair of Teva fur lined clogs that would work during the transitional season. I only found them used on eBay - ick! Can't seem to find them on Zappos or Teva's site. I bought them cheap at a local shoe store during their summer sidewalk sale a couple of years ago. I'm sure you could find something similar. They are soft leather mules/clogs with a fur lining. Awesomely comfortable. 

Of course in my search I found some cute shoes on Zappos. Better get back to work before I spend all the money I've made on Alamy this year LOL! 

TJMaxx always has Converse sneakers cheap and in lots of fun patterns and colors. You might find some fur-lined clogs there too. Wish you lived closer we could go shoe shopping together. (The guys are now rolling their eyes like this  :blink:

Betty, my daughter still wears her Uggs as soon as it's back to school time, so I'm guessing you could manage with those once it gets cooler. I have a pair of Teva fur lined clogs that would work during the transitional season. I only found them used on eBay - ick! Can't seem to find them on Zappos or Teva's site. I bought them cheap at a local shoe store during their summer sidewalk sale a couple of years ago. I'm sure you could find something similar. They are soft leather mules/clogs with a fur lining. Awesomely comfortable. 

Of course in my search I found some cute shoes on Zappos. Better get back to work before I spend all the money I've made on Alamy this year LOL! 

TJMaxx always has Converse sneakers cheap and in lots of fun patterns and colors. You might find some fur-lined clogs there too. Wish you lived closer we could go shoe shopping together. (The guys are now rolling their eyes like this  :blink:

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :rolleyes:  :D  ;)

Allan

I'd be ashamed for you to see how many shoes I have, some organized, many in a kicked off pile. My mother handed down her shoe obsession to me! Shoe shopping, what fun!

You do have pictures of that, right?

And of the injury and (a re-enactment of) how it happened as well?

wim

I'd be ashamed for you to see how many shoes I have, some organized, many in a kicked off pile. My mother handed down her shoe obsession to me! Shoe shopping, what fun!

wim

Er, Wim, that would be a reinactment video, not stills. Haven't gotten into that yet.

But the picture of the pile of shoes would be great to demonstrate a disorganized closet for sure. My daughter laughs every time she sees it. I get it organized and a month later it's baaad again. You should see me with a shoe in my hand scrounging for the match. How can one be organized in all other things but shoes? Not enough space for them. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I uploaded 15 images yesterday. In one image, I removed some power wires and fixed a place in some grass. My eyesight/ specs aren't the best right now, so I must've missed some tiny bit during the 100% inspection. This morning I had a QC failure waiting for me. I didn't have to wait 28 days. Reason? "Obvious retouching"

Yippee, thank you, QC!

I'm assuming when one gets an immediate fail, one can upload again with no penalty.

I reprocessed the image with no fixes and uploaded the batch again.

I'm very appreciative. And I'm addressing my vision problems soon. Takes awhile to get an appointment.

Just had a similar experience. Had 15 images in a folder to upload. Realized one was way over-sharpened. So what did I do? Deleted the wrong image and uploaded the bad one. Derp. They must have known it was a mistake and failed me in only 24 hours. :-)

wim

Er, Wim, that would be a reinactment video, not stills. Haven't gotten into that yet.

But the picture of the pile of shoes would be great to demonstrate a disorganized closet for sure. My daughter laughs every time she sees it. I get it organized and a month later it's baaad again. You should see me with a shoe in my hand scrounging for the match. How can one be organized in all other things but shoes? Not enough space for them. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. :)

Used to work with a guy who was that way with socks. Just threw them in a pile, but unlike you and your shoes, he wouldn't look for the mate, he'd just grab any two socks, so they never matched. I think we worked with him for about 3 months when suddenly someone commented, "Did you notice that Tim's socks NEVER match?" :-)

That's funny. Don't sweat the small stuff. In the grand scheme, what does it really matter? Sometimes things like that can denote a slob, sometimes an inventive sharp mind that only pays attention to what matters.

I'm only a closet slob. Although my clothes are arranged quite nicely.

wim

Used to work with a guy who was that way with socks. Just threw them in a pile, but unlike you and your shoes, he wouldn't look for the mate, he'd just grab any two socks, so they never matched. I think we worked with him for about 3 months when suddenly someone commented, "Did you notice that Tim's socks NEVER match?" :-)

Solved the sock problem years ago - each year I buy a batch of black, a batch of light brown and throw out my old socks. Each time they are washed I just drop them in my sock drawer. no need to pair them. Just grab two the same colour! By the end of the year my black ones are actually all different shades of grey, but no matter—time for new ones. ;)

wim

Solved the sock problem years ago - each year I buy a batch of black, a batch of light brown and throw out my old socks. Each time they are washed I just drop them in my sock drawer. no need to pair them. Just grab two the same colour! By the end of the year my black ones are actually all different shades of grey, but no matter—time for new ones. ;)

I have black, dark navy, navy, dark grey, long medium and short.

They would be all mixed up but my clothes washer sorts them nicely for me. B)

Allan

Archived