Hello :)

Keiko

Hello all! My name is Keiko. Just joined Alamy and passed the QC yesterday so I thought would be nice to say hello and learn more tips about stock photos. I love traveling, food, and taking pictures. 

Nice to meet you and have a nice weekend everyone :)

Keiko

Hello all! My name is Keiko. Just joined Alamy and passed the QC yesterday so I thought would be nice to say hello and learn more tips about stock photos. I love traveling, food, and taking pictures. 

Nice to meet you and have a nice weekend everyone :)

Keiko

Hi Keiko-san,

Congratulations on getting through QC and welcome!  :)

John

Hi John,

Thank you! I saw you just joined not long ago as well, how did you uploaded and keyword all of them in such a short time?! I found key-wording so time consuming and kind of a nightmare for me ="(

Love your photos btw =)

Keiko

Hi John,

Thank you! I saw you just joined not long ago as well, how did you uploaded and keyword all of them in such a short time?! I found key-wording so time consuming and kind of a nightmare for me ="(

Love your photos btw =)

Keiko

Hi Keiko, Thanks, very kind of you. Keywording is a drag but copy and past makes it a bit easier, especially when you have keyword lists to draw from. BW, John :-)

I have a habit to put vignette filter in my photos, I have been looking at the others' but there are not really much photographers doing it. Is it not recommend for stock photos?

Hi Mark and Geoff,

Thank you for your advices, I will remove the vignette filter for my future uploads ( tho there are still some sitting for key-wording. )

Cheers

Keiko

Welcome, Keiko.

While I agree that vignette filters are usually not beneficial (this is stock, not art), sometimes it improves the image, e.g., I like the vignette in your karate fight picture GHA6N1.

I also have to agree with spacecadet. Quite many of your pictures look flat and grey. Others are well processed, so it doesn't look like a monitor calibration issue. Are you processing under varying lighting conditions, or varying screen brightness settings?

Welcome, Keiko.

While I agree that vignette filters are usually not beneficial (this is stock, not art), sometimes it improves the image, e.g., I like the vignette in your karate fight picture GHA6N1.

I also have to agree with spacecadet. Quite many of your pictures look flat and grey. Others are well processed, so it doesn't look like a monitor calibration issue. Are you processing under varying lighting conditions, or varying screen brightness settings?

Hi Christoph,

The pictures I uploaded are processed in different periods of time. Some of them that are processed before had applied quite a lot of filters and presets for my instagram use without re-processing for stock. For others that I processed recently, I did't apply any filters (matte, auto and etc). I guess I will re-process all my photos for future uploads, thanks for you opinions =)

K

Welcome!

Thanks Alessandra =) Nice to meet you!

Good luck on Alamy, Keiko, and welcome from NYC, the world's second biggest population of Cantonese speakers -- assuming you've learned Cantonese. Oh, we speak English here too.  :)

And American. ;)

Allan

Good luck on Alamy, Keiko, and welcome from NYC, the world's second biggest population of Cantonese speakers -- assuming you've learned Cantonese. Oh, we speak English here too.  :)

Thanks Ed, yeah Cantonese and English are my first language =) then Mandarin and Japanese =P

Well done, Keiko.

Actually, I like the desaturated colour and that might attract a searcher wanting something contemporary. But as many of us know, these trends come and go so you might be left with a collection of good work (I also like your subject spread too) which looks outdated pretty quickly. Better to shoot an interesting perspective and not interfere with the pallete too much if you want them to keep selling: The very reason they're on Alamy.

Rgds,

Richard.

I get an "unexpected error" message when I zoom some of your images, Keiko. If you haven't deleted them you should go through and check them all and inform member services. I first noticed it with your Japanese Macaque. I was curious about your keywording on that one because you hadn't mentioned the type of monkey in your caption.

Paulette

Well done, Keiko.

Actually, I like the desaturated colour and that might attract a searcher wanting something contemporary. But as many of us know, these trends come and go so you might be left with a collection of good work (I also like your subject spread too) which looks outdated pretty quickly. Better to shoot an interesting perspective and not interfere with the pallete too much if you want them to keep selling: The very reason they're on Alamy.

Rgds,

Richard.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your opinions, I wasn't familiar with stock photos and filtered photos are more likeable in social media like instagram, so I kind of using my editing habits +_+ But now with all your lovely advices, I am reducing my filters and try to keep them simple as original for Alamy =)

Keiko

I get an "unexpected error" message when I zoom some of your images, Keiko. If you haven't deleted them you should go through and check them all and inform member services. I first noticed it with your Japanese Macaque. I was curious about your keywording on that one because you hadn't mentioned the type of monkey in your caption.

Paulette

Hi Paulette,

I got an error earlier as well but its fixed now ( Didn't do anything +_+ ) I didn't put the type of the monkey in the caption or keyword as I don't know the type =/ ( as well as some of my other animals/plants photos )

Keiko

Hi Paulette,

I got an error earlier as well but its fixed now ( Didn't do anything +_+ ) I didn't put the type of the monkey in the caption or keyword as I don't know the type =/ ( as well as some of my other animals/plants photos )

Keiko

Hmmmm... if you dont know whats on the picture and dont use the right keyword... how do youexpect people to find your photo? I suggest you use google and try to identify the correct name... it is more likely that buyes can then find what they are looking for :) Besides... you would have lerned something new while at it - win win! :)

and welcome to Alamy! I am new here too...

K

Archived