Update:

Well - I'm alright - not sure about the rest of you who are still waiting though .....   :P

Hello John

We've checked your submission.

DATE RECEIVED                ALAMY MEDIA REF              STATUS

07/07/2016                    OL4224011                    Passed QC
06/07/2016                    OL4214987                    Passed QC

Just had a nice reply from Jaideep at Alamy.

He confirm my batches from 6th and 7th are still in the QC queue and await checking.

No reason for the delay but at least all is not lost :)

John

Interesting, John. I just got the notice that my submissions passed QC. Have any of you other actors had a pass yet? So they were jammed up. It happens.

This is my theory of what happened in this specific go-around: our images landed in Fast Freddy's work box just before lunch on the 6th. He went down to a pub in Abingdon for lunch. The line for the buffet table was a bit long, so he order a pint of Newcastle Brown. Four pints later, he was feeling a little sleepy, so he ducted under the pool table for a quick snooze. Just this morning the part-time cleaning lady found him still enjoying his rest. He's back at work now. 

The duel moral of this story is obvious: we should not always expect a 24 hour or 48 hour turnaround from the busy staff at QC . . . and stay away from Newcastle Brown. 

DATE RECEIVED                 ALAMY MEDIA REF               STATUS

05/07/2016                    OL4211008                     Passed QC

John Mitchel have you heard from them?

How about we agree from now on not to desperate about QC in public? Like when it's late, simply suck it up, wait, and practice the power of now?

How about we agree from now on not to desperate about QC in public? Like when it's late, simply suck it up, wait, and practice the power of now?

Yes, mine just passed as well. I'm not not sure where you got the idea that I was "desperate." I was just curious about the unusually long wait (for me, anyway).

Happy to hear that the universe is unfolding as it should and everyone passed.

Taking over the management of free speech in the forum, eh, Alessandra? I don't think so. 

Taking over the management of free speech in the forum, eh, Alessandra? I don't think so. 

I wonder if there may be a slight language barrier, or at least a language sleeping policeman.

I have to admit that I also don't understand that we need a new thread and discussion every time:

a ) QC takes a day longer
b ) images don't go live the hour they usually do
c ) Alamy measures don't get updated at the usual time

I hope not to offend anyone by this.

Christoph

I have to admit that I also don't understand that we need a new thread and discussion every time:

Christoph

QC took several days longer than usual in my case. Not offended (too old for that), but if you don't like threads like these, then you don't have to read them. That's the beauty of free (mostly) speech. B)

Mine were registered as submissions on July 6. They passed today on July 12. That's a full week, and that's very unusual.

That happened to me recently and I began putting on my black and white striped uniform. Egads, one week is hard on the nerves.

Mine were registered as submissions on July 6. They passed today on July 12. That's a full week, and that's very unusual. 

Same here. I think your Newcastle Brown theory has great merit. Here's another possibility. B)

Perhaps they were busy doing the National Trust's bidding deleting our photographs.

Christoph

QC took several days longer than usual in my case. Not offended (too old for that), but if you don't like threads like these, then you don't have to read them. That's the beauty of free (mostly) speech. B)

I'm not worried about my time needed to read the thread. What I wanted to hint at is that I don't understand why people worry so much about relatively minor things - especially if they can't change them anyways.

Christoph

Christoph

I'm not worried about my time needed to read the thread. What I wanted to hint at is that I don't understand why people worry so much about relatively minor things - especially if they can't change them anyways.

Christoph

I guess we're just curious (in both senses of the word) creatures.

Curiosity strikes again! I sent my latest submission on the morning of 20th July and it hasn't cleared QC yet. If it doesn't today, the 22nd July, then it will go to next week. Anybody else in the same boat? Just wondered.

Jim. ;)  

Archived