National Trust images removed from Alamy

The ethical solution would be for the NT to offer a modestly priced licence to togs who are also members to take and market images provided they don't interfere with others enjoyment of the property. But it seems they don't do ethical.

Just received notice that three of my images were deleted.

All were taken from a public footpath.

Replied to Alamy to that effect with map showing path near to NT property.

Allan

Edit Received a reply from Alamy copyright that has no bearing on the case in point.

Three of my images that have been deleted are of the grounds of a hotel owned by a private company - nothing whatsoever to do with the NT!  Just because its a rather grand Tudor house with 'House' in the name!  It has never, ever been a NT property!  (I have emailed Alamy asking them to re-instate those images). 

Deletions seem oddly random.  Several of one house taken from the public footpath that passes in front of it (and clearly shown on an OS map) had vanished despite stating in the description field that this was the case. Not all though. Awaiting the email with the full list.

7 of mine removed, Eyam Hall in Derbyshire some taken from the public road but i really

cannot be bothered to argue. I will just completely ignore National trust properties in future.

Regards

Craig

I'll be fighting on principle (and because one has just sold.)

Paul- all my deletions say taken from the footpath. My suspicions are that the NT has just submitted a shopping list arrived at after a fishing expedition.

I was hoping to stretch the metaphors a bit but I've run out of steam and hit the buffers.

This thread (and the forum generally) is not the place to list the images of yours that have been removed and argue the case - as we have already said, if you feel images have been removed incorrectly please reply to the email from copyright@alamy.com (you can ignore the links in the auto-response in this case) and we will look into the details with the NT as soon as we can.

Please be assured that our aim is to delete as fewer images as possible - there were many that were originally requested to be removed that we have kept on sale but there will be some where images have been caught up that shouldn't have been, usually where it's not easy to distinguish the area from which the image was taken.

We've had lots of replies thanking us for identifying affected images and the vast majority of the deletions are valid. 

Again, if you feel some images have been deleted in error just let us know and we'll work to resolve it.

Thanks

Alamy

Archived