Mods - I cannot report a PM

Allamand

It must be hard work. Maybe I'm missing something but the only way that I can see to get members user names is to start typing in the message box and the names start to appear. Then send a message to each individual. Repetitive strain injury for sure! Maybe Rosine should take up photography - it might pay better hourly rates than email address mining. But then again?????

Only just got to the forum after some well-earned computer down-time!  Fired off a message to Alamy on the Forum suggestions ("tighten things up, please"), before finding this thread.  I guess it'll be sorted out by Monday AM?

Rosine's round mine right now, but she's a fickle girl. She gets around a bit - as Google will tell you.

Not even the first sip of coffee and saw that I had a personal message from someone on Alamy.  My port is small so not much attention there, just a couple of sales. I almost got excited.... but after reading, I figured spam. Came to the forums to check and .....sigh......    Hey, it shows that after this post I won't need approval for posts anymore.   The forums have been a great way to get questions answered here and...will be deleting my first personal message via Alamy.  Thanks everyone

This is more than just someone going through names here at Alamy.  Some sort of sophisticated Spambot I am guessing.  It is widespread and growing.   

Good news is I have a date for tonight!  (just kidding)....  :D

I've just received it and it clearly states: "Do not reply to this e-mail! You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below." That's followed by a link to "discussion.alamy.com/index.php?app=members ......."  address. Bizarre.

I got the same one as above this morning,  and I answered her via Alamy's link, but she instructed me to contact her via her email address, something is not quite right if Alamy says :

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!

You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:

I've just received it and it clearly states: "Do not reply to this e-mail! You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below." That's followed by a link to "discussion.alamy.com/index.php?app=members ......."  address. Bizarre.

It's quite normal to get that email from Alamy when you receive a PM on the forum.

Alan

Probably not the sort your mother would approve of anyway ....

Ooh, suddenly sounds more interesting . . .

dd . . . jk

Archived