Sensor cleaning

What's a lens cap?

It's something for grown-ups - no need to worry about that just yet :)

PS - I think it's a drink that some people use to calm their nerves before cleaning their sensors - a bit like a night cap.

I don't seem to generate enough spots these days to need to clean. I used to clean my D200 sensor but now my full frames have sensor cleaning and it seems to work a treat. Both are set to clean at start up and I turn the camera off before changing lenses. I often change lenses in the field but try to be careful and point the body downwards. Some zooms are renowned for sucking in dust so using primes more often might be helping too. More serious for me was the time a small beetle got into the mirror box. I would see it go past in the viewfinder occasionally and it took a while to work out what was going on then hunt down and catch the blighter.

• 2 weeks later...

or we could all just fit one lens to one camera and have 5-6 bodies covering most likely lenses! fit it once and never remove it again lol

like the sports photographers seemingly do lol.

or we could all just fit one lens to one camera and have 5-6 bodies covering most likely lenses! fit it once and never remove it again lol

like the sports photographers seemingly do lol.

You may laugh but when I was using the Fuji system I had two XT-1's each with my most used lenses fitted and both assemblies slung round my neck.

Very convenient and comparatively light weight.

Would not do that with my Nikon kit, at least not till I have built up a more muscular frame.

Allan (the skinny one)

Archived