Best month ever for gross sales, second best for number of sales. Net leftovers the best for two years - though back then I have far fewer images online.

Certainly in terms of number of sales, things have been looking up. Let's hope that fees stabilise at the very least

So far I have about 1/3 of last year's cash, so holding steady, but 50% of last year's sales, so dollars per sale well down again.

Whaaaa...?

1/3rd 2015 $$, 2016 1/3rd over, half 2015 #s =

DOUBLE DOLLARS PER IMAGE RATE MATE, in 2016 vs. 2015...?????

Did you confuse me or did I confuse you??? :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Nope; at this point I have half of my total sales number that I had in 2015.

However, my $$ is only 1/3 of last year's.

Therefore my return per sale is down.

Soon I may do an average annual rpd investigation. I don't think it will be pleasant.

Soon I may do an average annual rpd investigation. I don't think it will be pleasant.

OK, here it is - the gross average rpd since I joined Alamy (it would take a lot of work to calculate the net):

2009: $49

2010: $136.83

2011: $61.12

2012: $52.17

2013: $42.63

2014: $39.66

2015: $33.18

2016: $22.55

I left the UKNS for a while, which raised my rpd, but sales/total income went right down.

They have us by the short and curlies.

That won't affect contributors outside the UK anything like as much, obviously.

Almost a no sales month but saved at the end by a Personal Use sale. Not that impressive for the month,  however I am quite pleased that in the first 4 months of this year I have now equalled the # of sales for all of 2015.

I left the UKNS for a while, which raised my rpd, but sales/total income went right down.

I think your $ averages are similar to mine too ($20.47 gross for 2016).

I can see that leaving the UK newspaper scheme will have an effect on sales for me also, but hopefully I shall feel better for it.

By the way, just had a look thru some of your pics......  I'd add the keyword 'dray' to image C89236, as it's a dray lorry/truck.

I think your $ averages are similar to mine too ($20.47 gross for 2016).

I can see that leaving the UK newspaper scheme will have an effect on sales for me also, but hopefully I shall feel better for it.

By the way, just had a look thru some of your pics......  I'd add the keyword 'dray' to image C89236, as it's a dray lorry/truck.

Wow, thanks. I have never heard of a dray lorry, only a dray horse!

2 licenses: one presentation; one 'Corporate' use, yet only double the presentation fee.

Small amounts, yet at least licenses continue, despite the (for me) disastrous recent re-rank.

After a steady upward trend since January with net income more than doubling each month and zooms growing, in April zooms were slightly down - though still well above Alamy average - and revenue down - just one small sale and 3 infringements. I've had some series of images zoomed so hoping it bodes well for May or June. The big winners for me this month were direct licenses from my own site and framed print sales across various sites which made up for a poor showing across all my agencies. 

Year on year I've roughly tripled my net from first quarter 2015, and have already netted half of what I made in all of 2015, so that's a good sign. Adding new work slowly but surely and seeing fairly steady growth. 

Archived